A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting of Great Faith

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Meeting of Great Faith Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting of Great Faith   A Meeting of Great Faith EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:22 pm

While making my walking rounds late into the evening, I kept seeing a hazy figure walking in the distance, somehow always staying ahead of me, no matter where I turned as I wended my way through Elven Country. I called out several times but the figure turned away, staying silent. I warily kept my bow handy for combat in case of trouble. I never knew when or where the Evil One and those who worshiped him would confront me, stirring up catastrophe.

I walked around Tir'an and eventually became very tired, so I decided to return to my tent.

When I returned to my tent late that evening, I again saw the hazy figure at the water's edge. I stood by Shokkus river, unable to clearly discern any identity other than long dark hair and a purple cloak, the hood obscuring the features in shadow.

The one in the purple cloak spoke as if to no one. "I have heard the messages from my Elves. My elves prayed for Stayjit to step down from leadership as Cala, to make way for a new leader. There has been much discussion about the deeds of Stayjit."

I peered into the night at the speaker; I was concerned I could not identify them easily, noting the subdued power that the figure emoted. I nodded hesitantly, surprised that the Elves might wish such a thing. Dr. Duke and myself all stood in amazement as the voice spoke.

The figure was silent for a moment, as if considering, and then spoke again. "I also do not wish for Stayjit to be Cala. I do not believe he is worthy of his position any longer." The figure gestured. "We are a united Royal Family house of Gods. To place another elf in the position of Cala would be advantageous to the whole House. Stayjit is no longer Cala. He is no longer The Religious Leader nor Priest for all elves in Korth."

"Ensure the elven people understand this," admonished the cloaked figure. I nodded again. "Yes, I can do this. To whom am I speaking?"

The hazy figure continued, ignoring my question. "Also in the coming days, I and my Divine Children will be watching the elves, and we will unveil new plans for Tir'an, each for the betterment of Tir'an.

I was startled. "New Plans?!" I could only see a hazy figure obscured in the distance and began squinting my eyes to try to see the person clearly. The next words were also unexpected. "The new rule in Prolix, Theodrus. Be very aware of him. You are strong, and I ask that you continue to protect our people."

My eyes were wide with the dawning import of these words. Take over Tir'an? I was then highly concerned that no elf would know of Theodrus' machinations.

The voice continued, "I have been examining the character of every current elven citizen of Tir'an, I have chosen you, Jackson, to lead it as a Cala. Take your place now, and rid our land of evil."

A great light flashed before my eyes.
Then...... Silence.

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Great Faith
Page 1 of 1