A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons  Empty
PostSubject: A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons    A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons  EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:01 am

Though I had been so busy with Ellesmera and reorganizing the Harvest Department daily operations for the Elven Country, I took a little time off to go to see my dear friend Tiamat, my favorite ice dragon Nidhogg and the Eastern Dragon Weyr.

The patrolling dragons growled and snarled aggressive warnings at me. Showing my empty hands, I bowed respectfully and told them I understood their hesitation and applauded their caution. I told them who I was and that I was there for a friendly visit to see Nidhogg who was bonded to me and to see my dear friend Tiamat. They snarled warnings but allowed me through.

I cautiously approached each nesting female and presented them with a bloodied meat. I was grudgingly allowed the chance to get close enough to the new babies to check them. They all looked lively and healthy, playing with each other. One butted my hip impatiently and I gave her some head scratches with a chuckle. She rubbed her head up against me contentedly.

I left small crates of fish for the new hatchlings. They immediately began devouring them voraciously. I made sure to leave bloodied meat for each adult dragon in addition to those nesting to make sure they were eating well.

Tiamat looked exhausted. I suspect she had been clutching so much that she had overextended herself. I did not like the roughness of her scales and the color of her eyes. I was concerned about her body being under too much stress and made sure to get her to eat. She refused the food, but willingly took a health potion. After checking over the rest of the dragon population, I gave Tiamat another health potion along with some herbal tea. After that her color improved and she laid her head down and slept. I put four bloodied meats near Tiamat, hoping that if she woke feeling better, her appetite might be back.

Chuckling at Tiamat’s snoring, I left her to find Nidhogg. He appeared to be thriving and happy and was very glad to see me. He gulped down his gift of a bloodied meat and I gave him another. I told him I had been very busy but I had thought about him a lot. I knew he had been cheerful due to the flashes of happy feelings and contentment he had sent me through our bond, though he had also missed me.

I hugged him around the neck and gave him lots of head scratches. He moaned and preened under my hands and gladly rested his large snout across my lap, even though he nearly cut off the circulation to my legs. I had missed him so much that I did not mind.

I told him all about the portal to the other dimensions in the Copper, Iron, and Gold Mine that the Evil Garrick had created and how he had brought all these people through and had convinced them that he was their friend and protector. I told Nidhogg about the war between the Elandi and the Androv tribes and my concerns about how Evil Garrick sought to exploit their ancient vendetta to cause wars here in Korth. I told Nidhogg about the horrid Yorn Dios and how he was creepy and threatening, how he enjoyed sucking the life essence of Elven women from the Korth he came from, and how he was setting up his base on an island to take over our world. I told him of my concerns about Seran and that I feared for his sanity since he regularly displayed his lack of compassion and a deep compulsion to always be right. I told him how Seran had set fire to some of the Elandi in my assigned village of Ellesmera and carelessly tossed around some healing spells to repair things. I talked of Cernunos, the werewolf and how he had attacked the Elandi refugees, offering up Elven steaks to any who wanted them in Prolix. I told him of the courage of the Elandi in the face of tragedy and how they rallied to help each other. I spoke of Anna and her mother and how neither would give up even though she was wounded so grievously and with my help she survived. I spoke about Ren, the injured man in the Wetlands. I told Nidhogg about building Ellesmera and the joy of the Elandi people in having a safe and fruitful place to live.

There was so much to tell that I found myself talking to Nidhogg far into the night. I spoke of good things and bad and how difficult but joyful my life had been recently. I told Nidhogg my delight in having the Elandi children in Ellesmera laughing and playing. I spoke glowingly of the refugees’ willingness to work hard and tackle the tough job of helping to build a community for themselves. I told him about the fish sorting factory in Meleth Tol and how the Elandi in Ellesmera had desired to create a salt grinding facility on the same principles to give their lives meaning and purpose.

I told Nidhogg about the more recent visions and dreams from the gods and how they seemed so intent to speak with me for some unknown reason. I talked about how burdened I felt with attempting to protect our people and how I wished Neo Rousseau and Silver were around more of the time. I spoke of my heartfelt joy and satisfaction in planting the useful herbs and medicinal plants anywhere I could find space in Ellesmera. I talked about how I was teaching the children and adults the scriptures and precepts of Ollopa and Torrix and how to apply them to their lives to help give them wisdom. I spoke about my quiet pride and amazement in their quick learning skills of spinning, dying and weaving wool from our new sheep.

Nidhogg was so patient with me. He made squeaky noises in compassion when I spoke about those events that were tragic and horrifying, but was red-eyed and snorted in anger when I spoke in outrage about those things I felt were unmerited and unjust. He curled his body around me protectively when I wept about the terrible Massacre in the Wetlands and the Elandi Seran had set on fire for demonstration purposes. He was gentle and heartening when I spoke of how weighed down I felt with all my duties and responsibilities, bumping my arm lightly with his snout and looking deeply into my eyes with no small amount of pride.

Finally, I took my leave of Nidhogg and left the Eastern Dragon Colony. I went home with a lighter heart, knowing that if Nidhogg could believe in me, perhaps I could make a difference and find some way to help resolve our problems.
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Number of posts : 56
Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Persona Record
Char Name: The Masked One
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies:

A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons    A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 am

I wish to talk to Tiamat, if anybody has seen her please tell me.
Back to top Go down

A Visit to See Tiamat and Nidhogg of the Eastern Dragons
Page 1 of 1