A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryuu and Tiamat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

Ryuu and Tiamat Empty
PostSubject: Ryuu and Tiamat   Ryuu and Tiamat EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm

I missed Tiamat so much. I had hoped to have her wisdom with Nidhogg III and allow her the chance move on past her misery from losing her brother. But Garrick had ruined all that with his evil deeds.

Desperate to see her again in an effort to seek comfort for my own gnawing grief, I sought out the larger Orcs to let them kill me. They happily obliged and I found myself in heaven along with Scylla, Dr. Duke, Nidhogg II and my dear friend Tiamat.

I patted Nidhogg II and hugged Tiamat. It was so nice to see her again, free from any bad dreams, grief or pain. She went back to happily dancing with her brother and it gladdened my heart to see her playing with him as a young joyful dragon child.

I talked to Dr. Duke for a bit, hoping to have his experience in understanding how to best work with this newly created bond between me and Nidhogg III. I was still unsure of what to expect and did not know if the bond differed in type or effects with each bonded dragon. Dr. Duke was helpful and I have a better start on filling in the huge gaps of information in my comprehension of dragons and the bonding effects.

While searching in the heavenly library for more information on the topic, I sensed some deep concern from Nidhogg. He informed me that something was up with Ryuu and I soon left. Dr. Duke came with to find out what was going on.

I got back to Tiran and found it too quiet at the Temple of Torrix. A hunch told me that Ryuu might be by the burrow he had created. I ran over there to check if there was anything amiss. I found LostTear, Ashanrai, Dr. Duke, and Stayjit near the burrow entrance. Ryuu was circling overhead and his vigilant guards were watching us all warily, particularly the Prolixian LostTear.

Ryuu, kept circling overhead, large tears falling from his eyes and down his snout. He refused to let me see his eyes to check them for infection or foreign objects and said this had been happening all day. He insisted he was fine. I privately wondered to Ashanrai if this was psychological.

LostTear reached up as if to try to wipe away Ryuu’s tears and in some way ease his pain. Ryuu’s reaction was swift. He had his guard annihilate her. Stayjit and I immediately protested his action, explaining that LostTear was a very nice person and was only concerned for him. She had been unarmed and defenseless which even he should have seen. He replied that he was wary of those from Prolix, claiming that any sudden moves from them were suspect. He moved up into the air higher and destroyed LostTear again from a distance, since she was probably returning after reviving. I shook my head sadly, unable to stop it, again insisting that LostTear meant no one any harm.

Ryuu then turned his head sharply and began a conversation in Dragonese with someone or something directly behind Dr. Duke. Ashanrai told me it was Torrix when I wondered aloud if Ryuu was hallucinating. Worried that Garrick could be impersonating Torrix and appearing only to a few, I asked Ryuu what color this being’s eyes were and he answered irritably that they were purple and what did that matter anyway? I told him it could matter a lot and apologized for interrupting.

Ryuu kept speaking and then fell silent. He flapped his wings threateningly as if a big angry child. He protested that he had his sons and daughters, had reestablished a family here and that they were happy again, although I had my doubts about Ryuu’s personal mental state. Ryuu continued having a heated argument with what was apparently Torrix. Then Ryuu relaxed and landed, some sort of agreement having been reached. Ashanrai relayed to me that Ryuu finally accepted that Scylla and Tiamat were part of his family and from the same clutch of eggs as himself.

The brilliant moon faded, leaving only stars in the sky. Ryuu continued speaking and I could understand a small part. The phrases, “Allow me to take her place, so that she may continue here,” were clear however. A wild hope leaped in my heart. I squelched it down ruthlessly, unwilling to tolerate horrible disappointment. Ryuu spoke again, “I think I know what my fate was to be. I can’t let that come about. These are good people.” I heard a whisper say, “Home will be easy to find.”

I will never forget what happened next. A small spark appeared under Ryuu. It began to slowly grow. A nearby tree burst into flame. I shouted for everyone else, including the dragon guards to move away from Ryuu. I backed up toward the water, ready to leap in if necessary. The spark of light turned green. Ryuu closed his eyes and accepted the small burning star, allowing it to totally consume him. It was blinding me and I held up my hands to shield my squinting eyes, watching. I noted both Dr. Duke and the other dragons bowing their heads, accepting Ryuu’s choice. Awed at Ryuu’s sacrifice for his atonement, I cried out, “Oh Ryuu!”

The star expanded, and greedily consumed Ryuu’s body. I could only hope that it was quick and painless for Ryuu, knowing that he must have suffered terribly in his life. The brilliant green star blazed its way into the southern night sky. Then Tiamat appeared rejuvenated, where Ryuu had been standing. My heart leaped and I shouted my joy to the skies, greeting her with a victory dance. Tears of awe at Ryuu’s choice and joy for Tiamat’s return slid down my face in a wet river.

Tiamat wanted to speak to Ryuu’s newly orphaned dragons to explain the events to them and wished to have some privacy. We all began backing away in acquiescence. Stayjit told her that we knew who killed her when she was ready to hear it. Her eyes flashed and she told Stayjit that although Ollopa taught forgiveness, she was willing to make an exception for that abomination of a murderer. I realized I never want Tiamat mad at me; she would make a dangerous foe if crossed. I promised to speak with her soon and left with reddragon who had just joined us to check on Garjzla and Nidhogg III.

I found out from Ashanrai later that after conferring with the Ryuu’s children, Tiamat agreed to adopt Ryuu’s orphans to give them her wisdom and guidance. She called off the Orcs from guarding their home and took some of Ryuu’s newer children with her to see about reestablishing the Eastern Dragons. Perhaps Garrick’s evil influence would be at an end if Tiamat had anything to do with it. It turned out to be a good night!
Back to top Go down

Ryuu and Tiamat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: History of the Land :: Ch 5: The Dragon Wars-
Jump to: