A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

State of the Republic 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashanrai

Ashanrai

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Persona Record
Char Name: Ashanrai
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Tir'an

State of the Republic 4 Empty
PostSubject: State of the Republic 4   State of the Republic 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Divine King Torrix,
Blessed Queen Gala,
Mother of Creation Ollopa,
Elves of the Holy Republic,
Women and men of Korth,

I am the Servant of the Elven Race, the Ambassador from Tir'an to Korth, the Torrite of the Pandryl City, the Son of the Dragon Princess Tiamat, and an Astrologer of the Stars above. These are the duties of the Cala for the Divine King Torrix. I am Ashanrai Exinoris, Cala of the Holy Republic.

The first and most prevalent issues concerning all peoples of Korth are the Dragon Wars.

I have been asked, “What are the sides involved?” There are 4 belligerent sides to the Dragon Wars, each with their own goal: the Elven Country, Prolix Empire led by Grand Commander Aldebaran, the Southern Dragons led by Commander Ryuu, and the Western Dragons led by Queen Leviathan’s memory. The Elven Country consists of all elves living in any of the various elven cities scattered throughout the forest, in addition to a dragoness named Tiamat (my mother) and a dragoness named Erenrai, who is bonded to me. The Prolix Empire consists of all humans living in Prolix, in addition to one dragon named Nidhogg the Third, bonded to Aldebaran and is the son of Ryuu. It is unclear whether or not Xandrake and his dragon Vervada are considered part of Prolix at this time; regardless they have been at most a minimal factor to the Dragon Wars. The Southern Dragons consists of their leader Ryuu, all of Ryuu’s sons and daughters, and all of the Orc camps in Korth. The Southern Dragons used to have headquarters in the mountains south of Korth, however those lands were destroyed at some point by the Western Dragons, so they are now based out of a burrow in the elven forest at 60s 100w. The Western Dragons consist of all of the sons and daughters of Leviathan. Since the death of Leviathan (she was killed by dr. duke when he bravely battled & reclaimed the elven heaven from Garrick’s Grasp), the Western Dragons have been split into two armies, headquartered in an ocean in the south and in the northern mountain Prolix colony called Edan. Both Western Dragon armies, although lacking a central leader, are perceived to be motivated by a desire for revenge against Korth and/or the Elven Country for the death of Leviathan.

I have been asked, “Why is this happening? What caused the Dragon Wars?” Intelligence reports sent to the tiara have indicated the Dragon Wars extend back at least 2,000 years ago to the time before humans came to Korth. It was a time when Korth was briefly unified by a secular elven woman of the Vacca clan, Empress Theodora. The mountains to the east, west, and south were resided in by a unified dragon race led by Empress Theodora’s dragon partner named Arget. In the year 777, both Empress Theodora and Arget died peacefully without leaving behind any will or crowning their successor. Empress Theodora was unmarried and had no children throughout her life, so Korth was divided 5 ways between her top advisors. Arget, on the other hand, had three children (1 son living in the West that had a fondness for money & wealth, 1 daughter living in the East that had a fondness for the gods, and a very young hatchling son living in the South that had a fondness for violence & war), each to a different mate. So Arget’s dragon kingdom was divided 3 ways between each of Arget’s children. Each child believed he/she deserved to be the rightful heir to the entire unified dragon kingdom and that dividing the dragon race was wrong, and so the beginning of the Dragon Wars began. With Korth centrally located between the 3 dragon divisions, it was frequently caught in the crossfire.

Fast forward this whole conflict continuing to the present day where humans are involved in Korth and dwarves are extinct when Korth became involved as a belligerent. Korth got into the Dragon Wars when the Blessed Queen Gala of the East was impregnated by the Divine King Torrix and decided to lay all 5 of her eggs in Korth to keep them safe from the war. A dark fate was attached to the 5 eggs such that 2 of the eggs would grow to kill all drows, another 2 eggs would grow to kill all elves, and the final egg would grow to unite the remnants of Korth into a single nation and bring about a Golden Age. Regardless of their fate, the eggs were cared for in Korth and allowed to hatch into the dragons we know of as Tiamat, Scylla, Ryuu, Nidhogg the Second, and Leviathan. The Southern and Western Dragons at the time misinterpreted “drows” to mean “dragons”, so they naturally set out to kill the hatchlings. The hatchling Ryuu was brainwashed to believe that he is not the son of Gala, but instead directly related to the Southern Dragons, so he rose to power in that camp. The hatchling Leviathan (under Garrick’s control) took advantage of the weak Western Dragon civilization and seized power there, after she killed her brother Nidhogg the Second and helped Garrick to take over Korth in the name of the drows. The hatchling Scylla, serving as a prophet of Torrix, aided dr. duke to re-establish the Elven Country away from Garrick’s control, just as the humans rebelled against Garrick to re-establish Prolix. The eldest hatchling Tiamat was raped by the Moon God Ranul (who mistook her for Leviathan) and gave birth to me, then placed me in the care of dr. duke to be raised in the Elven Country. And so the Dragon Wars continue with renewed cause of old and new times.

The Dragon Wars have been going on for far too long. It is time that the Elven Country seriously considers an exit strategy to putting an end to the Dragon Wars once and for all. It is in this spirit, that I officially announce the Elven Country’s full withdrawal from the Dragon Wars. The Elven Country will be remaining neutral in all future incidents involving the Dragon Wars. This solution has been so simple that no one has tried this yet it has been staring us in the face for so long. This is not our war. No elf shall fight or take part as a belligerent in any future battle. The fatalities that we have suffered are not worth the sins that we will commit furthering in the war. We elves must maintain focused in our cultural pursuits. We are a culturally-driven people, not a war-driven people. We don’t care about this conflict that shows no end in sight. Call it surrender or whatever you want. We do not care. We will continue to live the way we have lived for thousands of years. We refuse to live in fear of the prophecy about the Blessed Queen Gala’s 5 eggs. We are in control of our own fate through our connection to the gods of the land. We are a strong people; empowered with the wisdom to see passed the pointlessness of war. We pray that Ryuu will see the light and rejoin us to live the rest of his days with his only remaining sister Tiamat. But we will not cry about it if Ryuu wishes to spend his remaining days with his children in a 2,000-year-old war.

Each remaining dragon faction can rule itself. There is simply no reason that all dragons must be part of one dragon nation. The Elven Country will not fight any dragon faction off of the territory that it now lives in, as long as they do not violate our neutrality. Each has a right to rule itself where it wants to live. We will treat each dragon faction as if it were an equal nation in Korth.

The orc tribes can keep the land that they gained during the Dragon Wars. The Elven Country will not try to fight them off, as long as they do not violate our neutrality. A moat will be constructed to further protect elven neutrality along the Orc-Pandryl border. I have already invested significant resources with Torrite Elder reddragon into researching new methods to furthering protect elven neutrality. In addition, in exchange for the Orcs not attacking elves, I have made an agreement with their king that every 2 weeks; the Elven Country will make a sacrifice of a wild beast to the Orc tribe.

Elven neutrality will not affect our relations with the Prolix Empire. We will still continue the trade agreement with Prolix. We still wish luck to Aldebaran’s reign as Grand Commander and hope that Prolix has at last found a permanent leader in him. Because of elven neutrality, no elf shall be involved in any battle that Prolix is involved in with the Dragon Wars.

Recently, many of us have had dreams about what seems to be the future. I must reaffirm that we as a people are in control of our own fate. The dreams are a blessing from the Divine King Torrix that we be endowed with knowledge of what not to do with our future. It appears that each of our dreams portray a very dark world ahead of us. I firmly believe that the Divine King’s purpose was to warn us of where not to go with our lives. He wants us to succeed as a people. We saw the world if we failed to live up to our cultural pursuits. We must rise above our dreams and create our own, more glorious society.

A few weeks ago, Torrite Lady Sheila M was visited by the Sun Goddess Ollopa and told to find the dwarves. I want to make it clear that the dwarves are like lost family to all of elvenkind. They are our brothers and sisters. Unlike humans and drows who were created by the jealous Sun Goddess Simetra, dwarves and elves were created by the glorious Sun Goddess Ollopa. When the dwarves were a major powerhouse in Korth, they were the strongest allies of the Elven race. They too firmly believed in Ollopa and Torrix. If even one dwarf is out there lost in the cold, then he or she must be found, protected, and given a home.

Don Benerel City has become a cause for concern. First, its Torrite Elder Asora has been absent for months once again. Also, there has been a dwindling interest of people to make their homes there when they can much rather build an island home in New Aepran City. Also, there has been a dwindling interest of people just to congregate there for it is too close to Prolix and the daily tak attacks of Fro Daddy. It is my decision then that Don Benerel City is incorporated as an extended part of Pandryl Holy City. The entire former Don Benerel City will be transformed into a grand Torritian Monastery. Current Don Benerel residents will not have their homes removed and may continue to live there (this includes Desh’miriai and the banker Ela), and resources from the trade agreement with Prolix will be re-allocated to New Aepran City. The institution of this grand Torritian Monastery will be the first place that newcomers must enter through to get to the Elven Country. This will allow newcomers to learn about the Elven Country, our culture, and our religion much easier and in much greater detail. The land that Don Benerel sits on will not be wasting away and will be providing a valuable service to the Elven Country.

Also, it is no secret that Sir Royal Wizard has been a nuisance to elves and humans everywhere for some time. He has repeatedly killed and threatened many of us. Recently, when I gave him a chance to live amongst us when he was removed from Prolix, he betrayed my trust and stole several items right out of the Torritian Palace, including our most holy weapon the Ollopan Bow. I have said that he was excommunicated with the crime of heresy and banished from the Elven Country for at least a week. When his banishment is up, I will allow Sir Royal to return to the Elven Country. He will have a place in the new soon-to-be Torritian Monastery

Finally, I know that I have been lacking in handing out health potions in accordance with my universal healthcare policy. To correct this, every citizen of the Elven Country is owed 40 health potions each by me. I’m sorry that I have not been keeping up with this crucial law. Everyone will be reimbursed within the coming weeks.

In closing, Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha! Namaarie!

May the leaves of your life tree never turn brown! Farewell!
Back to top Go down

State of the Republic 4
Page 1 of 1