A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The State of Play

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiosai Ike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-05

The State of Play Empty
PostSubject: The State of Play   The State of Play EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 3:01 am

Much has happened as of late, and still I have much to write on past events. Perhaps soon I will have it all recorded for future generations; for now, I shall record how things are.

Garrick Caranthir Felagund the Icepanther (who I previously referred to as 'Garrick Prime'): possibly dead, for the moment. He had been in a Spice-trance in a cave beneath my house for several consecutive days; we were checking upon him yesterday when he awoke from it, and while pressing him on how to regain my immortality, he indicated he needed the blood of another Garrick. A trade was made; first, for the Triqueta Necklace I gave him the blood of another Garrick (a mixture of samples from 'Garrick Kor'ethel'), then for the gem from his staff I would feed him the blood myself, by his request, which he claimed would kill him. It was obvious he would benefit from it somehow, but I could not violate both the trade and my honour, nor could I miss the opportunity. I gave him the blood, but sent the vial down his throat as well - he choked, and all present saw his spirit leave his body, which lies in that cave even now. To be sure, and in case I needed it, I slashed his wrist and collected as much blood as I could, leaving the left to drain out. While his spirit appears to have undergone Annihilation as recorded in the Ranulian Vercaran, his body is still suspiciously intact, and I have recieved several notes supposedly authored by him.

Garrick Prime Felagund (not to be confused with Garrick Felagund, who I have been referring to as 'Garrick Prime'; despite the name, this one is the one I have been referring to as 'Garrick Kor'ethel'): insane, like most other Garricks encountered, but unique in the bewildering nonsensicality of his capabilities, actions and intent. Formerly believed to have converged from another history where Korth was never invaded by humans; recently suggested they were instead from the future (despite the events they had mentioned coincidentally match those of the past, and their own claimed date of birth closely matches Garrick Caranthir Felagund's), that they were some mad fusion of no less than five Garricks, and upon me asking them for a sample of blood, proceeded to cut off their left ear. Further events have occurred to prove they have no interest in heeding logical norms.

Garrick Raiden Rex (formerly referred to as 'Garrick Draeda'): Prince of Orda and Dowager King of Xi'a from Draeda, Vampara's homeworld. Encountered only once, the day Kao'a appeared in Korth, and purportedly a troublemaker banished from several cities in Draeda. Reported to have been mustering armies of Shadows somewhere, to ignite a war here in Korth; more recent events, however, suggest he is one of the Garricks fused into Garrick Prime Felagund.

Garrick the Dwarf of Traloria: Unknown. Possibly from Draeda as well (assuming Traloria is a place there); known only from a single premonition regarding a 'Spice-Link,' now fused into Garrick Prime Felagund.

Garrick of New Dolf-Hloab: Unknown. Fused with Garrick Prime Felagund. Possibly from the future, based upon the name.

Garrick of Arcadia: Unknown. Fused with Garrick Prime Felagund. Possibly from Draeda (assuming Arcadia is a place there).

Ashanrai Exinoris: Twice-dead; buried in a coffin in the mines beneath Asgard, simultaneously rotting in a tunnel nearby. 'Ashanrai Exinoris' revealed to be a public name, with 'Garrick' (middle name and last name unrecalled) as his true name. Also somehow fused with Garrick Prime Felagund - thrice-dead, then.

Garrick Urlused-Rex of Xi'a: From Draeda, or an alternate history from Vampara's Draeda. Encountered briefly encouraging me to establish a new School of History at the ruins of the Assembly of Tir'an, then littered my house with rubbish before fleeing. Probably encountered today, where he attempted to fill my house with tak, fled, threw tak at Reddragon, then fled again.

Garrick Paul Muad'Dib: Supposedly me. Claims to be both the Spice-Healer (my title, bestowed by Daystar Turunalindi) and known as the Masked One. Mentioned being a renegade from 'Elghinn Truth' (where this is, I don't yet know). Definitely untrustworthy, attempted to abandon me in a place I was already familiar on how to leave.

Lillith Cheetrixana Lynarius-Nyx Felagund of the Shadowcat: Not a Garrick, but supposedly the daughter of Garrick Felagund (unsure between Garrick Caranthir or Garrick Prime) and Lynari Aerandir. Alternate version of a Draedan Vampara knew of. Well-meaning, but so dangerously callous that it may soon be necessary to deal with her; wishes to free Korth from the burden of Garrick Caranthir Felagund (mentioning that Korth is somehow anchored to Garrick, which appears to be true), but has shown to be horrendously easy to decieve and willing to apply 'trial and error' in a situation where only one chance is present. Blood is significant somehow - kidnapped by Garrick Prime Felagund to avoid me gaining a sample, unseen since.

Orion Solaris: Figure mentioned by name in numerous prophecies pertaining to both Garrick Caranthir Felagund and the Convergence. Allegedly also known as Epsilon Chi and by another name that cannot be spoken (source being Garrick Prime Felagund), was present when the Lightning-Struck Prophet gained their moniker, and posesses a Crystal Vase that can bridge between worlds and times. Prophesised in the first Convergence to have been unborn by then, have three fathers, and that they would create an item known as the Philosopher's Stone. Recently suggested to be one of four champions needed to stop the Convergence, being the Champion of Magic. Probably the Old Man.

The Old Man: True name unknown. Allied with Garrick Caranthir Felagund, Drow-turned-Shadow, warlock. Creator of the machine in the mine, probably at fault for helping Garrick Caranthir restart the Convergence (reference with my past notes suggests the machine may not be singularly responsible). Designated as the new Spice-Master by Daystar Turunalindi. Possibly Orion Solaris, possibly another Garrick, probably in posession of the Siren's Ankh but denying it. Hasn't been seen in several days.

Keshi: Ally. Former Priestess of Ao in Draeda, prone to visions and premonitions. Seems troubled, as of late; seeking something out (mentioned a 'trapdeer', possibly a hoax of Garrick's), today asked about the Dark One buried beneath Dolf-Hloab.

Vampara: Ally, vampire, Kao'an from Draeda. Source of information regarding Draeda (presumably reliable; the only other sources being Garricks). Slight possibility of subconcious alignment with Garrick from past encounter; thus far, however, has proven a good friend.

Reddragon: Ally, loor. Older than I, no doubt; knew Ashanrai in person during the Dragon Wars. Trustworthy.

Visara Bloodborn: Untrustable. Countess of Prolix and supposed heir of Imperator Seran Adams (I have my doubts; the Seran I knew wasn't interested in heirs). Vampire; fed on me, but seems to have found my blood poisonous according to notes - I still have no recollection of the attack. Hasn't been seen since.

Poseidonoverx Urlused: The Lightning-Struck Prophet. Draedan, known to Vampara simply as 'Poseidon'. Identified me as the Masked One (from the End-Days Tir'anian prophecy).

The 'Soul Star': A sun from Draeda (?) that enables souls to be manipulated to the user's desires, and reveal if two or more souls have been merged together. Possibly the blue sun now rising over Korth (which appeared very shortly after Garrick Caranthir Felagund's death).

Meta Ike: Possibly my father, possibly long dead. Formerly believed to have cursed me to wear a mask forever (possibly debunked, if Garrick's claim about Solarans using masks to regulate their power is to be believed). Garrick Prime Felagund mentioned being related to a Meta Ike Felagund, a sorceror, who was married to a princess of Pylos - an unreliable source providing information from an alternate timeline. More recent events suggest Meta Ike may have been an alias used by Vercingetorix the Firebreather, father of Garrick Caranthir Felagund, or even Garrick Caranthir himself. Such claims are dubious at best, considering my supposed status as a Solaran; the mentioning of him being a sorceror suggests I may not be related by blood, but may have instead been summoned for some reason.

Shiosai Ike, myself: Formerly known as the Masked One. No recollection of events before first arrival in Korth; memory of events between first and second Convergence is hazy at best. Supposedly a Solaran, according to Garrick Caranthir. Possibly a Felagund; a premonition, information from Garrick Prime Felagund and a prophecy mentioning 'Shiosai of the ......er' (possibly 'Icepanther', but could equally be 'Firebreather', 'Garrickslayer', or any self-given title) supports this. Information from Garrick Caranthir Felagund suggests I may be his brother (along with his own claim of being a Solaran) - his incomplete death, however, may suggest otherwise.

Garrick Caranthir is insistent that I am the one who will kill him; this I am more than happy to fulfil, given his incessant focus on driving me insane. Both Garrick Caranthir and Poseidonoverx believe me to be the Masked One mentioned in the Tir'anian End-of-Days prophecy - that when I remove my mask, the 'sun will explode'. Time shall tell, I suppose.

- Shiosai Ike, the Seeker.
Back to top Go down

The State of Play
Page 1 of 1