A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Hope

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

A New Hope Empty
PostSubject: A New Hope   A New Hope EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Hello,

Thank you to all that read and/or responded to my last e-mail to this community. The responses I got have really been a mixed bag of opinions about the issue. There were many for, against, and some of the "in between" variety. I have thought about nothing else but this issue since then. I constantly flip flopped my views on what should happen with the world. At the end of the day though, there's only thing that I have to think about to produce the most positive decision on all of this:

AWMyths is a real, living work of art, collectively created by every person who has ever signed up for these AWMyths forums ( https://myths.rpg-board.net )

I'm still a young 23-year-old man at the start of a fantastic life. I work every day 8 1/2 hours in my real life office. I pay, out of my own personal budget, every expense that I incur. What I'm trying to get at is that, although yes Active Worlds may be a dying program, creating stories and artistic visualizations in AWMyths has become an awesome hobby that I have no need to give up yet at this time. There is no reason that I cannot continue to write the stories I begun here, or continue to build, or further programming the bot. I'm confident that even if the entire community has moved on, AWMyths world can still exist as a creative outlet for all of us.

I will still be in world. I will still go to bed at night with the same red notebook that I've been using since 2006 for storyline. If anyone else wants to come around, even if it's to stop by and catch up for five minutes, please don't hesitate. If anyone would to want to use parts of the AWMyths story in other platforms to continue the world we created together, I will be happy to license the story to you.

In the years to come, no matter what form AWMyths takes, it would be pretty neat to hold a for-one-day-out-of-the-year annual gathering. Life is going to go on in the land of Korth.

I imagine that after 5 years of gameplay, we have taken the land of Korth from a land struggling with lots of racial tension into a pretty bright, more accepting future. The nations in Korth won't die simply because they achieved a more peaceful state of existence. Each nation and all the nations together will still develop new problems, but the old conflicts are now squarely in Korth's past. It's time to take a step back from the beautiful virtual painting on the wall, enjoy how far it's come, and create more works of art to compliment the world's beauty.

If you're curious to know how the nations or the land ended up in more detail, respond with your questions. Same thing if there are any lingering questions left unanswered.

Ron Curtis
Garrick
World Administrator
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net

A New Hope
Page 1 of 1