A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coronation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seran

Seran

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Seran Adams
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Science

Coronation Empty
PostSubject: Coronation   Coronation EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:45 am

Upon this eve, Jen (the matriarch of the royal house of Prolix) bestowed the Crown of Prolix to me in order to more effectively restore Prolix, after Emperor Jackson's retirement.

In this glorious hour, perhaps the most fateful in our history, I send to every household of my peoples, both at home and over the river, this message,

For the second time in the lives of most of us, we are at war.

Over and over again, we have tried to find a peaceful way out of the differences between ourselves and Garrick; but it has been in vain.

We have been forced into a conflict, for we are called, with the elves, to meet the challenge of a principle which, if it were to prevail, would be fatal to any civilized order in the world.

It is a principle which permits a state, in the selfish pursuit of power, to disregard its treaties and its solemn pledges, which sanctions the use of force or threat of force against the sovereignty and independence of other states.

Such a principle, stripped of all disguise, is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right, and if this principle were established through the world, the freedom of our own country and of the whole Prolix Empire would be in danger.

But far more than this, the peoples of the world would be kept in bondage of fear, and all hopes of settled peace and of the security, of justice and liberty, among nations, would be ended.

This is the ultimate issue which confronts us. For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear, and of the world order and peace, it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge.

It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home, and my peoples across the river, who will make our cause their own.

I ask them to stand calm and firm and united in this time of trial.

The task will be hard. There may be dark days ahead, and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield, but we can only do the right as we see the right, and reverently commit our cause to Korth. If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it, ready for whatever service or sacrifice it may demand, then we shall prevail.

-----

In wearing the crown of Prolix, my first act is to re-energize the spirit of democracy in the Prolix Empire by stripping the crown itself of some of its authority. From now on, the legislative authority to make the law is in the hands of the newly formed Prolix Senate. The Prolix Senate is made up of every Prolix citizen. The word "citizen" itself can be replaced with "senator". Every senator has 2 votes in the Senate bestowed to each person. Ten votes are required for any proposal to become a full law.

The crown's executive authority has been further split into the newly formed Prolix Directory, a body made up of the Crown, the Historian, and the Regional Governors.

In light of democracy's resurgence in Prolix, the Crown-wearer's official title has been changed to Imperator, a title that better reflects a democracy.

In the coming days, I will be completing a complete overhaul of the Prolix national budget. The Prolix Empire currently has a budget of 110 million SP, which has not been adequately invested back into the hands of the people. I intend to increase spending significantly to get silver out of the government's private bank vault and into the handbags and satchels of the Prolix people. For the first time in Prolix's history, the government's money will be used to invest in the people, rather than an investment into the government.
Back to top Go down
Jen2009

Jen2009

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Persona Record
Char Name: Jennifer
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Coronation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronation   Coronation EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:50 am

Congratulations, Seran!