A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Korth-Wide Alert!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Masked One

The Masked One

Number of posts : 56
Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Persona Record
Char Name: The Masked One
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 am

The events that have happened today are very frightening... In the waters surrounding the School of History, you will see strange plants. These plants are poisoning the waters, and so far cannot be destroyed by any means. They where planted by Garrick, who said the only way to avoid their poison is to move away from them. Please, if anyone at all knows how to destroy these terrible plants, Please speak up now! All of korth is in danger! It is recommended you do not drink from the stream. Drink from sources of fresh water, like rain. Fountains are unadvised. Do whatever you can to destroy these plants!
Garrick took on the form of a friendly dragon called "Nylasother" KILL UPON SIGHT.
Back to top Go down
Pixie Serethiel

Pixie Serethiel

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Pixie Serthiel
Char Race: Werewolf
Char Allies: Prolix - Edan

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Have you attempted to use fire?
How about harvesting them?
I would suggest blocking off the water flow, putting up a damn.
If they are poisionous, we don't want the plants to poison all the water.
Better a small part than the whole PART!
Savy?
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.

Persona Record
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:04 pm

We have attempted to use Fire; no effect.
We cannot harvest them either, they are stuck fast.
The dam may break, but its a good idea.
We know their poisonous, thats why we are trying to get rid of them!
Back to top Go down
Pixie Serethiel

Pixie Serethiel

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Pixie Serthiel
Char Race: Werewolf
Char Allies: Prolix - Edan

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Hmmm...
A wooden damn might easily break,
but a stone damn may be more resistant.
Placing three damns at these locations...:

36S 24W : Between the GZ Island and Prolix [[Just past the bridge]]
19S 17W : Between the GZ Island and the Naval Academy Island
35S 3W : Under the bridge between Prolix and the Naval Academy Island

...should block off there infectious intent,
until someone cna destroy or remove them from the water :0

Try that.
Savy?
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Persona Record
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 pm

That may be a good idea, The contaminated area is within 36S 24W - 31S 15W - 34S 11W and fortunatly, we have discovered they dont secrete a poison. Rather, they eat people once they are ripe. They are supposed to be extinct, and apparantly have only been on land in the past. Garrick has obviously affected them. I have warned Emperor Jackson, but he has yet to take any action. They may be invincible due to them being in water. If we are to get rid of them, we may have to drain the water out, then get Prolix's top fighters to attack the plants and kill them.
Back to top Go down

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:40 am

I suggest dropping barrels over them. The barrels can be weighted with rocks tied to rope so they stay in one place over the plants. This will deprive them of sunlight and moving water. They will shrivel and die.
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Persona Record
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Erm... What.
Stayjit, out of all the stupid plans you have made, this is probably the stupidest. THEY HAVE TEETH FOR DAMN SAKES!
They would simply smash the barrels open and continue on their life. And as far as we know, they dont need water, neither do they need sunlight. The only way to do this is to damn the water and slice them off!

What troubles me, however, is Emperor Jackson's failure to do anything on the matter for over five days now. If he wishes to keep the trust of his civilians, He should take action on that which may kill them! His ignoring this problem has sparked a rumour he is working with Garrick to destroy Korth. If Jackson doesn't take action, there may be the possibility of a riot, and perhaps even his dethroning. We must kill the plants!
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Seran Adams
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Science

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Stayjit actually raised an interesting, simple, and cost-effective solution to the problem (the problem that we do not have confirmation yet exists or not). Let's try to remember that we do not have a real, tangible problem with these plants yet (aside from their ugliness). All we have is a threat that they will be a problem in the future. And this threat needs to be deemed credible before any high-cost action such as building dams can be undertaken. For the time being though, Stayjit has offered a very cost-effective, simple solution to the threat. Sometimes the best action is the simplest option available to us.
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Persona Record
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:51 pm

The plants are attacking civilians, i have seen a few that just managed to survive.
And yes, they may be a problem in the future, but if we don't act now then we may never be able to destroy them! If they ripen they would simply grab any attempting to kill them with their tenticles and eat them before any harm can be done. If we wait too long, we will loose Prolix to Garrick! And as for proof, Garrick wants to kill us all, correct? So why the hell would he plant these things in a major waterway, just to make things look ugly!
And like i said, the barrels would be instantly shred apart by the plants. They have teeth for damn sake, and in the past (yes, they are actually supposed to be extinct) once they have eaten someone, no remains are found, not even bones. So i doubt they will have trouble with wood. Their roots have spread far and wide, some civilians near Ti'Ran territory have been pulled to Prolix waterways unknowingly. We must deal with the problem now. Think of it this way: Which is better, keeping some money and millions will die, or spending the money and have millions saved to make more money? Personally, i say the second one. Although, i have found they react to Elven Grog, but not in a good way. They mutate until fifty times their original size, and upon coming in contact with glass after mutating, they return to their original size. This means that drunken idiots having a good time may put Prolix in danger, dropping grog bottles in the water.
Back to top Go down

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:39 am

I've swam around the plants and poked a few. ( Squishy like a jellyfish) I jumped up and down on a big one, they float real good. I wasn't attacked, I saw no effects at all. Maybe they are just what they appear to be, floating plant life. Maybe those brave Prolixians can drag one ashore, maybe they are edible. Maybe they give something useful. I'm not worried about plant life until I see one crawl ashore and attack me. Until then they are benign and avoidable. I named the biggest one "Spikes".
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Persona Record
Char Allies:

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm

After a series of events, one involving Garrick giving me a house call and reminding me how he operates, i have decided to change my argument, SLIGHTLY. They don't appear to be as dangerous as i originally thought, but they do seem to attack certain civilians and ignore others. What the connection is, i am unsure of. They may snag ships or people, and the people may drown, but other than that they may not have any means to attack. They do have teeth, but they don't seem to use them. Perhaps they could be used as pets, however we may have to do some sort of test to see if they would attack a person. I am definite they are inedible, however they do secrete a substance known as 'Nylasoth Potion.' I have a sample in my possession, but I am unsure weather it is poisonous or safe to drink. I shall put any discoveries within my Journals. The 'Elven Mutation' as i now call it, where the plant comes into contact with elven grog and mutates to monstrous proportions, is still a problem however, as if they do become pets and one accidentally causes the Elven Mutation, the damage would cost thousands.
As for the benign and avoidable part, to some they are the opposite, a person i know swam many meters away from them, but was dragged back to them with the roots.
Until we can discover a way to work out who is safe to approach them and who isnt, and if they can suddenly turn hostile for no apparent reason, perhaps a good idea would be for the public to study them from afar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korth-Wide Alert!    Korth-Wide Alert!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Korth-Wide Alert!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: History of the Land :: Ch 6: The Convergence-
Jump to: