A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Analyzing the Situation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Analyzing the Situation Empty
PostSubject: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Here we stand... both nations have had leaders (Stayjit and Red Sorceress) that have been in power for about a year, it's time to analyze how effectively both leadership regimes have been for their nations.
  • Neither leader posted anything of any significance to national culture in their nation forums (this is usually the place where like... you discuss news, laws, random city-wide debate discussions, etc)
  • Neither leader developed a coherent system for the distribution of houses/buildzones to people
  • Neither leader gave out jobs or titles (paid or non-paid) to people
  • Neither nation experienced a change of the status quo from the previous regimes
  • Era has seen the lowest percentage of newcomers remaining active (day-to-day players are those that have been around from the previous regimes)
  • Neither nation has introduced a new law, or replaced an old law .. which goes back to the unchanged status quo
  • Tir'an has not held a single event to highlight its religious spirit to Torrix (or any events for that matter.....)
  • Prolix has not held a single event to highlight its warrior spirit (.. but I gotta give a lot of credit to Red Sorceress for organizing the scavenger hunt)
  • When people became growingly upset with their leaders.. both leaders tended to further alienate those people.. which escalated tension and led to the eventual overthrow.... and after both overthrows, BOTH leaders were given the opportunity to MAINTAIN POWER in the nation.. BOTH REFUSED.

... and thats just off the top of my head! Now you may be going "BUT THERE WUZ NO WARNING SIGNS FOR THE LEADERS!".. and to that, untrue. Here's another clever lil' list of the warning signs the leaders had at their disposable to let them know to change the situation:
  • I made the following post to the leaders-only forum 3 times the past month:
    Quote :
    So i need to go on another rant here about the importance of giving jobs to people that live in your nation.

It seems the current leaders today have been extremely lax in giving jobs to people, new and old. Jobs, titles, and the whatnot are what keep people coming back to the world! Yeah, newbies may join your nation.. but they have no prerogative to return to the world if they dont think they will be important to the game. Every nation already has a system of jobs in its governing structure to give out to people and yet it is barely even used (the Elves being the biggest offender of this with their intricately detailed job structure that is just not used!). People need reason to return. They need to know that when and if they return to the world, they will be important to the continuation of the game. Giving titles and benefits are absolutely necessary. Suffice to say, if this trend of not giving out jobs to citizens doesn't end, there will be some changes made leader-wise.
  • I personally told both leaders they were on "thin ice" and needed to reform some things up
  • I programmed the whole GDP and approval rating system to effectively determine the effectiveness of a leader (.. as a result stayjit's approval was so bad it reached -75% and Red Sorceress' dropped as low as -15%)
  • I've been accepting applications/essays for new leaders for the past week or 2

.. so here we stand with new leaders (Voice Sea and Jackson) with a huge upside potential.

• Voice Sea is the longest-running player of AWMyths and truly loves every player of the game for the fun attitude each brings (a good quality to have as the elven leader). Voice Sea is a more-than-superb teacher of newcomers and "oldcomers". She will most likely be the best leader of any nation in this world.
  • Jackson is a young, "ideas-man" who probably would still be leading Prolix, if not for some minor OOC misunderstandings back in 2007 when the world first began

.. so allow me to be blunt when I say that the past year's leaders have sucked in terms of advancing the world's story any further. You wanna blame me for doing all I can to warn the leaders to change and bringing in people who can do the right things? Go right ahead... I have a special filing cabinet for you! *picks up garbage can*

My goal is to push the story along.. keep it moving at a steady pace so the roleplaying can continue. Stuff needs to happen in the nations in order for me to write up big storyline events that everyone loves. Prolix needs to emphasize its warrior spirit and its nature as a nation that is in the process of industrialization. Tir'an needs to emphasize its religious and spiritual connection to the world that go hand in hand with its world-conservation efforts.

AWMyths is (or always should be) a dynamic world. When the leaders produce nothing but stagnation, an unchanged status quo, and overall a static world ... you better bet your arse that change is coming.

So in closing... to the former leaders: You both can stop the lies, the attacks, and general disruptions against ur former nations

To the new leaders: Good luck and you have my full support

To the citizens that helped affect change: Thanks.. you can return to your regularly scheduled programming and stop hating on the former leaders. You got your change.. move on with it, dwell in your new futures and not the past
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you Garrick. I would have run for Prolix or Tir'an as the new leader as a new character. I figured I'd let someone else step in though. I've had a tiresome role as the leader of the nations for to long. Not to mention I can't always afford my citizenships. Well, I hope everything goes right and thatw e can get back to our roleplay
Thanks,

John Irvin
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Here's a quote by Robin Williams quoting Ben Franklin:

"Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:17 pm

I was a Volunteer Coordinator 8 years for a non-profit agency, but what do I know. You do not 'give jobs' to volunteers. It doesnt work. There are three criteria that make people volunteer. 'job' is not one of them. Do not blame the leaders for your ideas that dont work.
The Approval system is a joke and always will be. "Anonymous" has proved many times that online polls are not worth the bandwidth it takes to read them. Barack Obama had polls on 'his' webpage, that page was pulled, any idea why? Because its too easy to skew them. My rating of -75 / 5 votes per elf = 15 elves voted. You think ? Dont say " the bug was fixed", it makes no difference, and I've helped skew a few polls. I want VC to be Cala, my 'char' wants to support the Empress-in-exile. And you might want to consider, that storyline notwithstanding, due to glitches, buggy new economic systems, pages of new commands,the last leaders were swamped to the point off running away. Cant speak for Red, but when I saw a chance to lose the Cala, I took it. when the 'politics' settle down, it may take a bit, factions will emerge, they already are. This is natural.
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi
Char Race: Elf
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 pm

stayjit, no offense but i don't see any relevence for the volunteer coordinator thing... if you were doing your job correctly you would have treated the nation like a big company... you Pay people(or in this case give people items) according to how much they do, and what the do. Organizing a business and organizing volunteers is totally different.

I don't wish to attack you oocly like this, but thats how i see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:35 pm

No relevance? Have you ever tried to motivate and move 25 volunteers in a straight line?
Nev mind. Ti'ran is not a company and cant be. A gifting economy- no cash. Anti-cash in fact. Elves do not deal in profit, nor business deals. An agrarian tribal community. it CAN work, and I did talk of a Trade Basket or Common Vault. Elves still have few problems to face with the 'new economy'
All elves that I asked about 'job/title/work" refused. As expected. That's what's relevant about a Volunteer Coordinator. You volunteer time to 'play the game', but only as much as YOU want. The volunteer determines their own level of commitment always. As each elf was busy enough, each content in their existing role , this is actually the perfect volunteer scenario. If you wanted 'more', you would have already said so, they always do.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

stayjit.... that post proved one thing for me and everyone here: Your mind is not ripe for a leader's mind
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 am

Garrick wrote:
stayjit.... that post proved one thing for me and everyone here: Your mind is not ripe for a leader's mind

If I was a woman, you'd get a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyzing the Situation   Analyzing the Situation Empty

Back to top Go down

Analyzing the Situation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: