A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novelty Machines?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Masked One

The Masked One

Number of posts : 56
Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Persona Record
Char Name: The Masked One
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies:

Novelty Machines? Empty
PostSubject: Novelty Machines?   Novelty Machines? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:37 am

Today i was venturing around Prolix, noting down landmarks, when i decided it would be a good idea to write down how Prolix Blacksmiths make swords, just in case something happens. So there i was, in the blacksmith's forge, watching him make a sword, when i accidentally knock a hammer off his desk. I go to pick it up when i notice that it landed on a broom, and the broom itself is now falling over. Before i can stop it, the broom falls, and knocks over a vial on another desk. The vial rolls along the desk, and hits a bar standing upright. The bar falls, and knocks another, then another, and the final bar falls off the table. However, it lands on a piece of wood, balanced on a half-cut wedge, and it flings a small log across the room. Me and the Blacksmith move out of the way just in time, and it hits a door that is partially ajar, opening it. Behind the door is a bar of gold in the shape of a brick, with the letter "R" imprinted on the side, and next to it was a picture of an iceberg. I apologize for the mess, clean it up, then continue taking notes of the blacksmiths work. Afterwards, i returned to my home, where i knock a knife and spoon off a table. The knife lands on top of the spoon in such a way, that the spoon is flung back onto the table. That was when i began thinking, perhaps i could put together household objects in such a way, that they could do certain tasks for me?

After collecting up some items and assembling them, i set off the contraption, and it all works accordingly to plan. Bits and pieces fall, roll, and are flung all over the room, and in the end it does exactly what i wanted it to: Open the front door. I decided to name the device a "Rube Goldberg contraption," remembering what i saw at the end of the first one i caused: A Gold Cube with an R on the side, (Hence the "Rube Gold" part, the word Rube being Cube and the letter R combined,) and a picture of an iceberg (Hence the Berg after Gold in Goldberg)

I do not see these contraptions having any important use in the future, but they are a fun way of passing the time and impressing friends.

Last edited by The Masked One on Mon May 30, 2011 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical Errors)
Back to top Go down

Novelty Machines?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: Scientific Studies-
Jump to: