A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear Community

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Dear Community Empty
PostSubject: Dear Community   Dear Community EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:50 am

Dear AWMyths Community,

First, let me start off by wishing everyone a Happy New Year 2011! The last 4 months of 2010 have been so chaotic in my life that now I finally have time to sit down, relax, and explain AWMyths’ situation to all of you.

As you are all aware, I had scheduled downtime towards the end of last August 2010 to upgrade AWMyths bots to a new server. Well, the company that I had paid to host the bots, did not come through with their end of the deal. Every week I had to e-mail them to get the server up and running, but as you can tell, they never actually came through with it. Meanwhile, I moved out of my parents’ house and into my own house with a couple friends at college, so I couldn’t host the bots from my parents’ house as I’ve done for the past 3 or 4 years. This was also the fall semester of my senior year in college, so my days with online time were significantly limited as I worked a part-time job on campus, did an internship, and took 15 credits worth of classes (total accounted for me being away from my house from 8 am to 8 pm Monday – Friday). I had anticipated prior to September that my schedule would be like this, so that is why I hired Red Sorceress and others to handle world development, but I guess they could only go so far when the hosting company doesn’t get out bot servers up.

Now, we find ourselves in an interesting position. The website awmyths.com should be restored in a few days. I just need feedback from all of you on what to do regarding the story of Korth, where it should go to get restarted, what should become of the decayed countries, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Dear Community Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Community   Dear Community EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 am

I set up several new things within the past 24 hours to help get things going again:

1) A newly refurnished website, with a Flash Intro screen. Still found at http://awmyths.com

2) Bots hosted on AWI's server

3) Re-established my e-mail address admin@awmyths.com . This time around though, I have all e-mails to this account being sent to my personal Blackberry, which I carry with me everywhere, so you can be guaranteed a near instantaneous reply

4) Set up a Paypal system to accept donations to keep the website going. More info on this as the program develops
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Red Sorceress
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Persona Record
Char Name: None
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Dear Community Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Community   Dear Community EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:04 pm