A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Learning Quest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Sorceress
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Persona Record
Char Name: None
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Learning Quest Empty
PostSubject: Learning Quest   Learning Quest EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Since I arrived in AWMyths I've noticed a few problems in need of fixing. One of these is that newcomers entering the world for the first time usually don't bother reading any of the signs at GZ and apparently the web page. Instead, they just wander out into the world and eventually die from not eating or drinking. The result is that they never come back.

For this reason I put together a Learning Quest that starts at GZ with the avatar Lavinia. You can't miss it. There's even a sign next to Lavinia about the quest. What this quest is designed to do is get a newcomer into the game as soon as they enter the world while teaching them the basic of the game such as buying those first needed tools, eating, drinking, fishing and so on. The quest also take them out into the world (which I believe is very important to get the interest of a newcomer) instead of hanging out at GZ reading signs and doing the basic there. I turely believe that the sooner we can get a newcomer into the game the more willing they will be to stay with the game.

Just because I've added this quest, I'm not saying we should remove all the signs at GZ. The more we have to get one's attention the better. I'm also not trying to discourage any one from trying to help out a newcomer. In fact, I encourage it. The best way to learn is from some one with experience. However, we can't always be there to help a newcomer, which is the reason why I created the Learning Quest.

I'm also interest in any coments or improments you may have about the quest.
Back to top Go down

Learning Quest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: World Suggestions-
Jump to: