A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Floaty Gas !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Floaty Gas ! Empty
PostSubject: Floaty Gas !   Floaty Gas ! EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:02 pm

I've always wondered what those vapors in the mine shafts could be useful for if they were captured. Perhaps they could be explosive! I asked my hot tub girls to sew up a large bag, and I weighed it down around the entrance to the silver mines. I checked a few hours later and the bag was half full and wanted to float away ! I discovered it could almost lift me ! I constructed a simple walkway while the girls made more bags. It took many evenings but we had a walkway that floated ! We hitched it to ponies last night and led it around the coast. Now its anchored in the river at the south end of Prolix and Tiran.Two ladders at each end make a simple bridge. Science is amazing. I will name this floaty-gas in the Elven toungue and call it heeli'umm.
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Floaty Gas ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floaty Gas !   Floaty Gas ! EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 pm

I think that some of that gas has got to your brain.

I have done many tests and experiments on the fumes in the mines.
Here are a few observations.
- the gas (fumes) in the mines is heavier than air, that is why it is only in the underground mines. So it does not make "bags" float! Floaty Gas ! Icon_eek

- this gas is like methane, but not flammable. If it was flammable, I would have blown up the whole of Korth while mining iron ore with my pickaxe.

- you elves should just keep out of our mines! Floaty Gas ! Icon_evil
Back to top Go down

Floaty Gas ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floaty Gas !   Floaty Gas ! EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Oh, I know why that is, the hot tub girls can weave Elven cloth so fine it will trap the lighter gas. All you were catching was the heavier gas from rough Prolix weavers. As the top of the bag began to float, the heavier gas sat on the bottom until it was displaced .
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

Floaty Gas ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floaty Gas !   Floaty Gas ! EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 1:20 am

How interesting Stayjit!

I find it equally interesting that you sound so proprietorial about Stayjit's experiments, Aldebaran Anrik. You sound, well, jealous that Stayjit might have found something out that perhaps you did not.

Perhaps Alde, you should ask yourself why you are so jealous. You could also get some of the finer Elven fabric and see if Stayjit's experiment is repeatable. And you could conduct other experiments to see if you can find out more yourself.
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Floaty Gas ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floaty Gas !   Floaty Gas ! EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:31 am

LOL , jealous??
Now that is just too funny Floaty Gas ! Lol
I was really just messing with him, a little fun,,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content