A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inconsistent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vladamire

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Storyline stop in the middle like AWRPG.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

i'll try harder...
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 pm

There's no need to delete posts. Nobodys judging anybody here.
Back to top Go down
Tattiana

Tattiana

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Persona Record
Char Name: Tattiana
Char Race: Drow

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:14 pm

A storyline posted is something to give the players a creative edge. Its like playing Dungeons and Dragons, You read a book about the world, you have a DM that tells you a bit about the current events and then its up to the players to go forth and do something about it.

Are you the next person in the history books?

Stories aren't something that has be written by the development team. As a player you can come up with some neat and unique ideas to contribute to the world.... run an idea past your city leaders and devs and maybe just maybe there is something they could assist with that can make your idea more plausible within the realm.

Just remember, not all ideas are going to get used. Have fun brainstorming!
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:54 pm

What I miss, What I miss? Inconsistent Icon_eek

Maybe the story line didn't stop, it just changed?
Back to top Go down
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Nobody expects all storylines to be run by developers. But when a developer starts a storyline, they need to finish it. Simple and sweet.
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:06 pm

I think you might have missed some of the Dragon wars.
Here's a little bit of what happened a few nights ago.

A burst of fire soars across the sky from west to south! Then another .. and another .. and another...

Fire intensifies in the sky as a blast comes from the south out of the water and continues further south into the sky!!

Ryuu: there's 2 armies of them now flying towards the capital! stick together around the barracks...

Fires continue to perverse the sky...

A large blue dragon soars over the western sky...
A torrential downpour of hail and rain is lit up by the fires in the sky...
A deafening roar of anger echoes from the south!

Ryuu: NEVER TRUST THE HUMANS OR XANDRAKE! .. ever again to come to our aid in battle!

Another deafening roar echoes from the south!

Ryuu: F****** allies Prolix and Xandrake are! *screams*

Fire seems to blast towards the southern mountains from every direction...

A fireball soars across the sky from the south and just barely misses Prolix!
Thousands more fireballs stream onto the southern mountains from all directions ...
... and the screams of thousands more dragons continue ..

The air stands still as all fire stops .. and the screams die down to a low silence...
A frantic digging sound can be heard in one of the nations,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Tattiana

Tattiana

Persona Record

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm

In the bigger gaming communities, Storylines will be more open ended to leave leeway for a continuing story. Finishing it does no purpose if you are running a game in an MMO. If you were running a linear game with one to two players that had an end then the storyline would be closed.

Plus, in an environment such as this, it will be open and in some cases you as the player will not know the closure of a particular story thread.... it could be the developers left it that way for a reason.

What is it you are disgruntled about with the storyline? Is there a solution you can present to the table that could fix it? Is there a particular discrepancy that can be fixed quickly or over time?

In RPG gaming .... nothing is ever just simple and sweet when it comes to storyline. Thats the fun part because it gives the rest of us a chance to help in the weaving of it.
Back to top Go down
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:25 am

This post was null and void November 8th when Garrick said he'll try harder, I'm not sure why it was brought back up?
Back to top Go down
Tattiana

Tattiana

Persona Record

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:53 am

Not the answer I was looking for. Pardon but in the job I am in when you post a problem in a forum you also post what in particular the problem is and what might be a solution you think will help fix the problem.

This helps ensure we can move forward and with some sense of dignity so we don't look like a bunch of whiners.

The post was not null and void. That would be a locked post. This was in the forum and open and ... for the most part.... relatively recent (by that I mean in the last month). I felt maybe by posting a decent answer to your problem would help put your mind (as well as those reading it) at ease.

Lets be mature about this. Frank 1 sentence problems and/ or answers doesn't necessarily help us move one with a sense of closure.

You put your problem on the forum in well light of anyone who came here to see. Either you wanted to drive away people with said gripe and answer or you were trying to convey a valid point.... If its a valid point... these people will need a bit of reading to see why your problem is valid and give the rest of us a clue to helping you. If you just posted to gripe personally and be negative just to be such.... you could have done this professionally and sent it in a PM to the person you had the gripe with.
Back to top Go down
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 am

Actually i wrote up a few paragraphs worth, so to tell me i didn't come up with a solution for my problem and that I didn't write but one sentence is bogus. My post was deleted and replaced by Garrick. I'd rather not argue over an old post that clearly has been solved already. If i knew how to lock a post, I'd do it. Nobody is griping here, so why are you assuming that I am? I stated a simple problem, gave a solution and it was answered by Garrick. Thus null and void and no need to further this conversation into a flame post. That is all, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tattiana

Tattiana

Persona Record

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 am

Ahhh now theres the rub. The deleted text, was it helpful or was it posted in a manner that sounded like a flaming? What of it was bad that made it be deleted? That would be something we will just have to talk to Garrick on later in a more private setting.

If you need something locked. Ask

For those leaving up only the one word answers.... bad since it leaves things open for people to answer to. And makes us all look stupid.

You are right. This will continue in a more closed capacity.
Back to top Go down
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:45 am

There was no profanity nor was it vulgar in any way. We'll see what Garrick has to say about it. :-) And none of us have anything to hide here I'm hoping, so a more closed capacity isn't needed. Let's all discuss right here, including Garrick.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:34 am

Tattiana wrote:
In the bigger gaming communities, Storylines will be more open ended to leave leeway for a continuing story. Finishing it does no purpose if you are running a game in an MMO. If you were running a linear game with one to two players that had an end then the storyline would be closed.

Plus, in an environment such as this, it will be open and in some cases you as the player will not know the closure of a particular story thread.... it could be the developers left it that way for a reason.

In RPG gaming .... nothing is ever just simple and sweet when it comes to storyline. Thats the fun part because it gives the rest of us a chance to help in the weaving of it.

QFE

.. duly noted that after this point was made .. a significant shift was made by vlad to regard this post as "null and void" .. even tho he continued to reply to a "null and void" post prior to this argument ..
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Vladamire

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Dully noted, your worker, Tattiana was interested in knowing WHY you deleted my post. So i gave her the information. The post was null and void, but that doesn't make her questions about it null and void. Players are just as important as you are, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inconsistent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent   Inconsistent Empty

Back to top Go down

Inconsistent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: