A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Command Ideas

Go down 
+6
Sea
kyleX
Flipz
Lastria (the real one)
Garrick
dr. duke
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Flipz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 5:55 pm

I like what I see with the bot and the world's development so far. A couple of things I've wanted to see done was a shortened command for switching IC/OOC.. a simple

/ic
/ooc

would do nicely as an alternative to the fully typed out method.
I also noticed that the '/me insert sentence here' command was absent. being an addict to that command while in character, it would be nice to have again Very Happy

speaking of that, I had an idea for a narrative command similar to AW's traditional /me command.
we'll call it /narrate
example: the user would type
/narrate The clouds begin to swirl above the heads of Flipz, Valuk, and Lady Rosalia as they are fishing...

and the text would appear in that form in the chat window much like /me would, without the user's name as a mandatory..

The clouds begin to swirl above the heads of Flipz, Valuk, and Lady Rosalia as they are fishing...

Just a few ideas ^_^
let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm

You can do the shorthand ooc command already, without doing /switch ooc channel. Just say /ooc and replace with whatever you want to say OOCly. I almost never use /switch ooc channel, I always like using just putting /ooc in front of whatever I need to say

The only issue with /narrate is that anyone whose not remotely interested can come in and use the command to advertise AW Bingo real quick then leave. I think a solution to this tho could be to set a minimum skill level to its use, say 10 strength?
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi
Char Race: Elf
Char Allies: Tir'an

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:06 pm

i still like my /sleep idea he he
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm

dr. duke wrote:
i still like my /sleep idea he he

Oh for the love of god, we've been thru this. Sleeping wouldn't put a halt to your nutrition or hydration. In addition, it takes 1.5 minutes (90 seconds) for your nutrition/hydration to go down by 1. So you have plenty of time before you have to eat again. In addition, it is more than easy to keep both nutrition and hydration up. If you're having problems with hydration, you're just not doing anything period.. because there is more than enough fountains to drink from. And if you're having problems with nutrition, go to the GZ and hunt that one deer that's less than 5 strength. A slab of meat provides a lot of useful nutrition, and 2 will fill you up, as it should. Duke the only reason you are having these problems is simply because you do not do anything at all when you're in world. You can't sit in world doing nothing and expect that you're going to be granted some mystical help to not starve to death. If you don't feed yourself (and it's plenty easy to do so), you won't survive.

In further addition, if you're going to go AFK and end up being gone so long you die of thirst/hunger, it really isn't that big of a deal. You obviously weren't around anything so important that you couldn't bare to be away from it. To come back alive, just make your way to the "rebirther" item at the other end of the underworld/heaven, and bam you're alive again. If you're Tir'anian, you don't even have to turn right or left, all you have to do in the Tir'anian heaven is to walk straight.. keep walking straight and you can't miss the rebirther
Back to top Go down
Lastria (the real one)

Lastria (the real one)

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Persona Record
Char Name: Lastria Quesacotyl
Char Race: Vampire

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 am

Wow, death for Prolix humans and Tir'anain are different? We go to hell, they go to heaven? I'm in real life human (Obviously) and Christian, and if I were to die I'd go to heaven, can we change it to make humans have a god? its the Drow who should be the only ones without a god, and go to hell, not us.
Back to top Go down
Flipz

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:35 pm

a little off-topic, but... if there are multiple afterlife places, then shouldn't the one you go to be based on alignment? Like a Neutral afterlife for new and neutral players, a Peaceful Haven for those who take on noble quests, and a Damnation for players that do alot of the more sinister quests.

Add a category to each quest dictating neutrality, good, or evil. get enough points in one alignment, and that will decide which afterlife you're sent to, and even what higher quests you're allowed to take. Such as one quest may only allow you to proceed with it if you have enough points in a certain alignment.
It could take a long time to implement, but it could be worth it in the long run.

And as for the /narrate command, you do have a point. There would have to be some kind of statistic requirement. Maybe even have that privilege handed out by the devs to people they feel can use it without abusing it, such as proven city leaders, or Guildmasters.

By the way, thanks for pointing out the /ooc thing, that really helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:29 pm

Lastria (the real one) wrote:
Wow, death for Prolix humans and Tir'anain are different? We go to hell, they go to heaven? I'm in real life human (Obviously) and Christian, and if I were to die I'd go to heaven, can we change it to make humans have a god? its the Drow who should be the only ones without a god, and go to hell, not us.

I understand we all may have our various religious beliefs OOC. However, there is a strong possibility that no gods exist to reign over Korth and also a strong possibility that gods do exist, it's all a matter of personal belief in the game. That is why it is not a world governed by the gods, I really wanted to steer away from that while still providing a means for people to RP god worship if they wanted to.

Now nothing stops you as a character from being a human that worships an elven god.. or being an elf that worships no god... or even making up a "personal god" who your character follows (I believe DimJim roleplayed his character believing in another god at one point and it came out really well). Humans way back in Korth's history used to worship a god similar to the elven god Torrix, however over 40,000 years of human evolution in Korth.. that worship was lost. I see humans as being less coherent of a race than the elves. Yes the elves have their variations, but I still like to remain more united and tied to the family unit. Whereas humans strive to make advancements to the world around them.

I didn't want to bog humans down with having a god in the game because honestly, I'd rather see more scientific and inventive progress come out of it. I'd rather see Prolix filled with scientists who actively try to find new weapon techniques, battle strategies, medicines (or poisons if you have a bad human), etc. I didn't want humans in Korth to be tied down to a strict, codified religious system. I've always said that I would love to have Korth as a whole advance through the ages so it isn't stuck in a continuous dark age. I'd like to see somethin like a victorian age, an industrial age, and all that jazz. I want to see how L'Obsul, the capital of the humans, sprawls outward into the land into suburbs.. or how the elves are able to turn a harsh desert into a utopian oasis filled with greenery.

In regards to the heaven and hell issue, I will look into building a seperate underworld for Prolix citizens. I wouldn't call it a divine heaven though. I am thinking more along the lines of an afterlife.. not a spiritual place, but a real place people go to after they are done with their 1st life and move on to the next. I'll fill it up with labs and all sorts of things that represent human progress in the sciences and all that. I just want humans at least to make the most of their life in Korth.

The problem with adding another skill to determine where you go upon death is that you can have a terrific RPer, someone who always plays good morals, but is just reall bad at quests and as a result, cannot get the requried skills to reach a "heaven". On the other hand, you can have a really bad RPer who constantly upsets the game, but is a Gamer nonetheless who quests come very easy to. As a result, this person would be sent to the heaven. I suppose I could always reward good RP behavior with these extra points to go to heaven, but that may border too closely to favortism.
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 pm

well...this seems to facor the Aincient Greek Mytology of "heaven" the Ancient greeks never beiled in heven or hell, they went to one play, and in that one play they could go higher(cant remember teh anme of this crap) but eather way it was the underworld. that is basically whats going on here, the Tiranioan elves are gjust going to a different part of the underworld
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com
Lastria (the real one)

Lastria (the real one)

Persona Record

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 9:26 am

So, there really are multiple afterlife places here?
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:59 pm

As of now, there are 2.. but really what's the problem with having people see different stuff when they die? No gaming benefit is or ever was given to either elves or non-elves with the 2 afterlifes.. it's just a different scenary
Back to top Go down
Lastria (the real one)

Lastria (the real one)

Persona Record

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:05 am

but still, the Elven afterlife is very cool
Back to top Go down
Flipz

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Garrick wrote:
It is not a world governed by the gods, I really wanted to steer away from that while still providing a means for people to RP god worship if they wanted to.

I didn't want to bog humans down with having a god in the game because honestly, I'd rather see more scientific and inventive progress come out of it. I'd rather see Prolix filled with scientists who actively try to find new weapon techniques, battle strategies, medicines (or poisons if you have a bad human), etc. I didn't want humans in Korth to be tied down to a strict, codified religious system.

See, now that's something I can actually agree with. Not simply because I'm not a religious person OC, but because many MANY RPGs that I've seen, both on and off of AW, have had many many obvious ties ties to gods and the like. Its good to see that sort of thing being optional for a change.

And you have a good point with the good/evil afterlife. I suppose there could just be one for each nation, and one for those without a nation. I could live with that. Heck, I could provide concept art for the afterlifes..
Back to top Go down
kyleX

kyleX

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Persona Record
Char Name: unknown
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 pm

speaking of poisons how do we use them on others ?
Back to top Go down
Sea

Sea

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Persona Record
Char Name:
Char Allies: Sun Goddess Ollopa

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: sociopath   Some Command Ideas EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Poisoning people is going too far.
I can't believe someone wants to poison people.
Like killing some one is not satisfying.
Now they have to poison people..... Talking about being sociopath'
You could not be more disconnecting with people if you tried.
Or......... Maybe they think were avatars.
I am NOT An avatar....... Please don't treat me like I am.
And......... Further more.... I know where you got the poison..
You did not belong there.
You should have not gone though that cave!
I know that's the only place you can get that poison.. Because I have gone there
Myself.
And I am sorry I did.
I didn't belong there other.
You friend Sea.
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:01 am

maybe let poison damage you forever even after you come back to life, and you need the anti-dote to heal yourself.
Back to top Go down
Shokkus

Shokkus

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Shokkus
Char Allies: I am Independent

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Voice Sea, relax. It's a game, poisoning is possible in a lot of RP games; it's just something to add to the gameplay. You needn't get so worked up over something like that. It's not some sort of sick thing to want to do that in a game. Real life? Yeah, but in a computer game it's completely different. If the people want poison, give 'em poison.
Back to top Go down
Sara Adams

Sara Adams

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Persona Record
Char Name: Sara Adams
Char Allies: Sun Goddess Ollopa

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptyMon May 18, 2009 3:39 am

Just curious, what cave is this? the one by the game area? im confused lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomelon
Vladamire

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:27 am

bump

Garricks posts about Prolix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Command Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Command Ideas   Some Command Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Command Ideas
Page 1 of 1