A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My absence can be explained....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Onyx

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Persona Record
Char Name: Onyx
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Prolix - L'Obsul

My absence can be explained.... Empty
PostSubject: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Really, it can! I swear. I know I've been gone for awhile, I can tell you that. Well, not awhile, but it sure does feel like it! Hahaha. I've only been gone for about... three days, I think. If I'm not on tomorrow [at all], it'll make it four. But enough babbling from me, let me explain why I've been absent from Active Worlds and AWMyths.

I've been at school with some of my friends, Tiff and Emma, and Emma just happened to be reading this book called "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. It had an interesting cover that I just couldn't keep my eyes off of, so I decided I'd ask her what it was about. Our conversation went as follows....

(By the way, I'm "Kat", but my full name is Katerina.)

Emma: "Oh, hey, Kat!"
Katerina: "Hey, Emma. What's up?"
Emma: "Nothing much... just reading this really good book Sammy lent me. Why?"
Katerina: "Just wonderin'. 'Cuz the cover looks really interesting, and it's been drawin' my attention all day long. Really, it has."
Emma: "I was wondering why you kept lookin' over at me like that, but then I realized you were lookin' at the book, not me."
Katerina: "Yeah. Anyways, I was wonderin' what it's about. Wait... can I read the back?"
Emma: "Here, let me read it to you."
(Emma reads the back of the book to me, which has a very small part of the book on it. It says...)
"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

(Emma finishes reading and looks up at me.)
Katerina: "Wait, let me see that!"
(I grab the book from her hands and flip it over to read it one more time.)
Katerina: "So, it's about vampires and stuff?"
Emma: "Yeah. Why?"
Katerina: "It sounds awesome, is it good?"
Emma: "Totally!"
Katerina: "I just might have to go and buy it."

(Two days later, Emma returns to school reading a new book, the second book in the "Twilight" series. This book is entitled "New Moon". This cover is even more attractive, and I am again drawn in by the white iris [flower] on the front, which has red splotches on it, and a single, small red petal falling from it. It sorta looks like it's been stained in blood or something, but Emma tells me it's the way it really is, although I don't believe her.)
Katerina: "You're reading a new one?!"
Emma: "Yeah. This is the second one. It's amazing so far! Wanna read the back?"
Katerina: "You bet I do!"
(I grab the book and read the back, which says....)
"I knew we were both in mortal danger.
Still, in that instant, I felt
well. Whole.
I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again.
My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin.
It was like there had never been any hole in my chest.
I was perfect-not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place."

Katerina: "Sounds great. Is it good?"
Emma: "Yeah! I'll let you borrow it and read in on the way to Range Pond, considering the ride will take about fourty-five minutes. Read the first three chapters, 'kay?"
Katerina: "'Kay."
(We left school and got on the bus to take us to Range Pond State Park up in Poland, Maine. We were spending the day there, swimming and having TONS of fun! I read the first three chapters on the way there, and it was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
---
Anyway, now Emma's got me hooked on the "Twilight" series. They're totally addicting, I have to admit. Yeah, I know, I probably just bore you to death with my conversation, but it was the only way I could explain clearly about my absence. You can't blame me for being a bookworm, can you? Didn't think so.

So I'm currently reading "New Moon". I just finished "Twilight" last night, after having read it all night through the night on Tuesday and getting every minute possible I could squeeze in to keep reading it-even if was only for a few seconds, I would read it! Hahaha.

So, I am currently on page five-hundred and fourteen out of five-hundred and sixty-three. And I must remind you-I just started it last night, immediately after I finished reading "Twilight." I'm an amazingly fast reader, hahaha. Smile

Okay, so, again, that's enough babbling. I just know I'm boring you to DEATH with all this talk of how I'm reading a wonderfully good, action-filled, drama-loaded, suspensfully-scary, TOTALLY-addicting book I'm reading.

(HEY, look the series up online, on Wikipedia! If you read the plot summaries, I'm sure at least one of you will find it intruiging and want to go buy it!) Very Happy Razz

Toodles, off to keep reading!
Back to top Go down
Queen Onyx

Persona Record

PostSubject: Another absence...   My absence can be explained.... EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

...will be coming. Really, seriously, truly.

Sorry.

I've just gotten home from buying "Eclipse", the third book in the "Twilight" saga. So, until I finish this 629-page, 27-chapter book, I'll probably only be popping on and off in short, clipped intervals throughout the day. But even then, that'll be most unlikely.

No worries, I PROMISE I will come back as soon as I finish the book!

By the way, "Breaking Dawn", the fourth installment, is coming in...

41 days.
11 hours.
12 minutes.
and 50 seconds.

August 2nd. Smile
Back to top Go down
Queen Onyx

Persona Record

PostSubject: Okay.   My absence can be explained.... EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 pm

There. I've officially finished Eclipse as of 12:01 A.M. last night. Smile But, I'm reading it again. And yes, I did... cheat. But only a little, okay? There was just a really boring part that I didn't feel like reading, but of course, I'm going to go back and read it now. And now, I must get ready to pre-order my copy of Breaking Dawn, coming on August 2nd. (Whoo!) Because, I don't feel like going to Border's Books in Portland, Maine, trying to beat everyone there to get it, when I could just easily order it offline and not have to even do anything. Hahaha. I know, I know. I'm lazy. -_- But that's what addiction to books does to ya, eh?

Okay, now it's time to go back and read that old Quileute legend of how the werewolves formed. So, I must go read this five-page-long legend of theirs. Razz See ya later.

Toodles!
Back to top Go down
Hunter2

Hunter2

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Persona Record
Char Name: Hunter
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:51 pm

If you think thats being a bookworm you know nothing... If I like a book I can read a 800 pager in like 2 days... Check out the pendragon series next, best in the world lol
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 pm

uh oh.. I didn't think anyone else read the Pendragon series, Hunter

You may notice some similarities if you read some history of Prolix
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Hunter2

Hunter2

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Persona Record
Char Name: Hunter
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Noone in aw otherwise alot of peeps have Razz
Back to top Go down
Shokkus

Shokkus

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Shokkus
Char Allies: I am Independent

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Uhh... yeah... books. Anyone read the Epic of Gilgamesh? Or any of the pulp Conan stories? Still reading the Necronomicon for kicks too...

*sigh* I'm completely alone here, aren't I?
Back to top Go down
Lastria (the real one)

Lastria (the real one)

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Persona Record
Char Name: Lastria Quesacotyl
Char Race: Vampire
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:31 am

The Pendragon series? Ooh, those are good! I can't remember a thing that happened in them, it was a few years ago when I read them, only read two, but I want the entire series, NOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My absence can be explained....   My absence can be explained.... Empty

Back to top Go down

My absence can be explained....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: General Discussion (OOC)-
Jump to: