A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plans for this week! Anyone interested?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goshenta

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Plans for this week! Anyone interested? Empty
PostSubject: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Well Garrick's leaving home until next weekend, which means even though I'll be working on the bot, you won't see anything new until next Saturday. It'll be a planned release. I'd like to start this thread off with a few things I personally plan on working on over the course of this week:

The hunting system needs to be seriously redone. I already knew this needed to happen. The hunting system you are all currently using was built in under an hour and tested in just the same amount of time. I rushed it. Sorry guys. For the new hunting system I'm going to rip out the combat system I built ground-up for it and make hunting similar to PvP, using a "you-hit-me-I-hit-you" method of attacking. And this time around, you'll gain EXP for accuracy if you're using a long-range weapon (I know people must be complaining about that right now) or you'll gain EXP for strength if you're using a melee weapon.

I'm seriously considering renaming the Strength skill to the Melee skill. Any opinions on that? It's not hard for me to do, and it's really not important or a big update, but it's something to consider. It won't affect your stats in any way.

I've neglected to pay any attention to the two coolest systems I've implimented so far: Alchemy and Spirit. We need new potions and spells! I'll definately push my creativity and see what I can come up with for the systems. I might even finally start using particles in spells, though they'll be very simple at best.

So that's what I'm working on this week. Obviously it's not much, and that is where you guys come in! If you have any ideas at all to impliment into the bot, any new items, spells, potions, or systems, post your ideas with a great amount detail in this thread. Help me make this a better game! Wink
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 am

I personally think, that we need alot more melee weapons, such as swords, knives, daggers, and katanas ((Think I spelt that wrong..)) You could make a spell that allowed you to become a ghost for a couple seconds or so... It would be helpful, but of course not on quests. I do think strength should be renamed melee, and I also like how you each get one turn to attack. But I do not like that if you lose you gain no exp. For hunting skill you should be able to use your defence, cause I know I could kill a lot more if my armor was involved....
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 am

Father. wrote:
I personally think, that we need alot more melee weapons, such as swords, knives, daggers, and katanas ((Think I spelt that wrong..)) You could make a spell that allowed you to become a ghost for a couple seconds or so... It would be helpful, but of course not on quests. I do think strength should be renamed melee, and I also like how you each get one turn to attack. But I do not like that if you lose you gain no exp. For hunting skill you should be able to use your defence, cause I know I could kill a lot more if my armor was involved....

All of the melee weapons you've mentioned, are already in place and can be found within the world. I think there's actually more melee weapons than bows. Get out there and explore! Razz

I think it kind of makes sense where if you lose, you gain no experience. You lost... aka you failed. Maybe mentally you became wiser, but physically you're still not going to be a little bit stronger to beat that baddie!

That's the thing with hunting, I don't want one person to buy the best armor in game and not do anything else but kill all of the huntable animals. And you know if you had the power to kill all of the huntable animals (or a significant number of them), you would if you found them Razz
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:14 am

Garrick wrote:

I think it kind of makes sense where if you lose, you gain no experience. You lost... aka you failed. Maybe mentally you became wiser, but physically you're still not going to be a little bit stronger to beat that baddie!

I think that you should gain experience for lost. Because when you lose at... Lets say a pool game, you get better don't you. Calling better shots and what not. Same thing with strength you may have lost, you should gain some level maybe not as much as you would if you would of won
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Father. wrote:
Garrick wrote:

I think that you should gain experience for lost. Because when you lose at... Lets say a pool game, you get better don't you. Calling better shots and what not. Same thing with strength you may have lost, you should gain some level maybe not as much as you would if you would of won

Yes the calling better shots and whatnot is what I referred to in my post about becoming wiser mentally. Now putting this in terms of strength. Let's have the following situation:

Player A has been around for a long time and has accumlated a lot of strength

Player B just started today and has very low strength

Player B joins a different nation than Player A

Player A's nation goes to war with Player B's nation

Player A kills Player B

Player A receives maybe some money and a little bit extra experience for taking his sword and slashing it through the bones of Player B

Now in your idea Father, Player B would get a little bit stronger because Player A just caused the nonfunctioning (a.k.a. DEATH) of Player B's body

Granted, Player B may have learned not to carry money when encountering Player A or taking a different strategy of attack, but none of those things he gained from the battle were physical. I hope this made sense and doesn't turn out to be a crazy ramble x_x
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Goshenta

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 pm

I agree with Garrick. If anything, you should LOSE EXP when you're killed in battle. Don't worry, I'm not going to add that! Hunting will incorporate your armor and defense into the equation in the new system. I've already added a few things I didn't exactly list here in my post, so I hope you guys are satisfied with Saturday's release! One main thing you'll notice is a huge change in the HUD system. Not only will it look different, it will BE different. I finally fixed all of it's long-standing bugs. I know it probably looks like they're all fixed right now but they're not. Sometimes your HUD won't update and the bot may start to slow down, but in this next release that is completely resolved. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plans for this week! Anyone interested?   Plans for this week! Anyone interested? Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans for this week! Anyone interested?
Page 1 of 1