A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Places of Interest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shokkus

Shokkus

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Shokkus
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Places of Interest Empty
PostSubject: Places of Interest   Places of Interest EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 9:58 am

I have found that there are many interesting sites here in Korth, but I've yet to see anyone attempt to write them down. So I took it upon myself this morning to ride through Korth, finding different places, and writing them down as I went, to help others find some adventure during their time spent here. So, without further ado, I give you...

Shokkus' Places of Interest

26S 20W - Elven Sanctuary - Full of statues of previous Elven nobility, with a tomb for High Priest Abaris, living quarters, a spare room, and a garden. There's a road to this one, so it's most likely pretty well known, but it is a place of interest nonetheless.

2S 13E - Strange Rock Formation - A large cluster of boulders due west from Dolf-Hloab, south of the road. Seemingly useless, obviously impenetrable, but something tells me that there's something hidden beneath it...

6N 6E - Elven Complex - A small group of buildings west of Dolf-Hloab. Pretty run down, with weeds and other brush growing all about it. At the front, though, are two strange lighting mechanisms, and in the eastern building is a bookcase and a book, though it seems illegible. Perhaps the elves will know something about it?

13N 3W - Flooded Dwarven Settlement - You're going to need some strong lungs for this one. Off of the main road leading to Dolf-Hloab, at a corner, go into the water and you will see it. Be careful, as there's no air deep within. After a long, serpentine tunnel, you'll find the ruins. There's even a fire burning within... must be enchanted. I wouldn't go too far in here, though. Some of the areas seem to be unstable, and look as though you could fall right through them.

15N 22W - League of Scholars - The League is right off of the main road leading out of Prolix, so most people don't miss it. It's pretty hard to miss it, at least, and isn't all that interesting, except for within the southern building. The various blades on the wall seem to have a purpose...

39S 19E - Black Pit - Don't go looking for this one in Korth, for it only exists in the Underworld. Near the Throne of Ranul, by the crystal that brings you back, is a pitch black pit. No light enters or escapes. Likewise, I don't know of a way to enter it. Is it where the souls that cannot escape the Underworld go?

35N 25W - Prolix Mine? - A gated-off cave, possibly a mine, in Prolix. It's south from the Prison, right along the water's edge. Looking past the gate, it seems to continue for a while, and if one looks hard enough, they might be able to see what looks like torchlight at the very back.

47N 48W - Shrine to the Gods - On a small island northwest of Prolix is a small shrine to the three gods, Ollopa, Torrix, and Ranul. There's something strange about this place, though, too.

51N 100W - Sealed Cave - High up in the mountains to the north of Pylos. Not much to see here, just a sealed cave, but due to the location of the cave, and the fact that it's sealed, it makes one wonder, what is in there?

12N 66E - Dragon's Claw - Not exactly a place, but interesting enough. A huge claw, most likely off of a dragon, right between the two buildings of the Dolf-Hloab stables.

23S 102E - Strange Rock-and-Cave - Southeast from the Dolf-Hloab stables is a strange formation of rocks and trees. In the center is a strange silver rock, and in the northwest formation of boulders appears to be a cave entrance, yet the cave is dark, and it is hard to find your way through...

5N 60E - Huge Tree - By the Dolf-Hloab stables again. A giant tree growing out of a cluster of boulders. Something doesn't seem right about it, though.

43S 3E - Evening Star Diner - An inn on the way to Aspreith. A nice place to stop and relax, even though there are some strange characters within.

43S 12W - Tower of Torrix - A large black tower near the road to Aspreith. It's locked, perhaps the doors only open for acolytes of Torrix.

39S 68W - Pit of Dead Bodies - Couldn't think of any good name that would suit such a place. West off the road that runs through the volcano field north of Pylos, a strange pit with a few bodies and scattered pieces of an elvish home within. One of the bodies seems to be freshly killed, which bothers me. Could this be the work of dragons?

61S 106W - Sealed Castle - This is a strange one. Perhaps it's just me, but I've never heard of or seen such a castle before. For the purposes of directions, it's to the southwest of Pylos, past the volcano field. There are two entrances to the castle, but both are sealed shut, hence the name 'Sealed Castle' that I have given it. The building style is much like Prolix, which leads me to belive that it could be where Prolix once was going to be, or Goshenta had it built in secret.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Places of Interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Places of Interest   Places of Interest EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 5:38 pm

2s 76w, there are Crystal Caverns in Pylos, open to all for crystal mining
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net

Places of Interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: General talk (IC)-
Jump to: