A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?) Empty
PostSubject: Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?)   Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 pm

I was shuddering and sweating under the load of skirmishing with the Desert Orcs by myself one evening. They had begun fussing with me as I passed by on my way to mine salt and harvest the Pear Forest. They leered at me and I found myself dodging their ill thrown spears and rocks.

Determined to have some peace eventually, I had stolen into their enclave and began a systematic battle, sneaking wraithlike from one to another, knowing I would need the Orc bloods to craft more health potions for my fellow Elven citizens. But instead of bringing them to sober quiet, it seemed to energize some of them and those seemed to be glorying in the death throes of their fellow Orcs, though I sought to make their deaths as quick and clean as possible.

Just as I was finishing the last quick merciful attack, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and nearly jumped 10 feet. There stood handsome Ashanrai in His royal robes, His smile wide on His dark olive face, His eyes gleaming with mischief and transcendent power held in check.

Unable to contain myself, I cried out with joy and impulsively hugged him in the now quiet enclosed pyramid courtyard. “Ashanrai! How are you?” His arms clasped me gently and then let go as I did. Chiding myself for such foolish behavior and asking an obvious question, I thought perhaps I should have acted more circumspectly and I strove for a more formal bearing. He was a god after all. “I hear you are something of a god now. Are you well as an ascended being?”

Ashanrai’s eyes grew grave and he pinned my feet to the courtyard stone as He spoke. His voice resonated with His own familiar baritone and a slightly higher dragon vocal undertone. His next words shook me down all the way to my soul with the quiet power He imbued in them. “We choose you.”

I looked around warily for some clue to latch onto my dazed brain, but finding none, I dared to straighten my head up and look Ashanrai in the eye. “Choose me? For what?” I pressed my lips firmly together, fearing that I would begin to babble incoherently. I felt myself tremble.

“Do you recall the conversation with Torrix about new villages unveiled?” Dumbly I stared at him. “Torrix said he was going to make some changes.” He prodded my shoulder, as if to see that I was still in the land of the living, and I answered “Yes.”

“Erenrai Goddess of Fire & Air, and I, God of Fire & Earth choose you to lead the village dedicated to our divinities.” I gulped in surprise. “Me?” I squeaked. Clearing my throat, I strove once more for serenity as Ollopa taught in her Scriptures. “I am unsure how to lead. I am merely a farm girl at heart.” I paused and searched for the right words in my confusion. “What would such a job entail?

“Some Elandi Elves from beyond the Portal will be brought to the village,” replied Ashanrai. “Leading them ensures they live peaceful, pious lives. Furnish them some fancy but comfortable cottages.”

“I am afraid I make a better teacher than a leader,” I confessed lamely. “I can certainly teach them how to live in peace, instead of living as warriors only.”

“That is as the job requires,” said Ashanrai warmly, smiling down into my eyes. “You will be their Torrite Elder. The village shall be called Ellesmera.”

“The cottages are already there. And we can bring in furnishings for them.” Then I gaped at Him, His words sinking into my already bemused brain. I would be their Torrite Elder?! My mouth dropped open. I had no royal heritage in my veins; no high house graced my lineage. I was not fit to lead or rule anyone. The best I could do was to teach and strive for patience.

“Will this be where the fishing village built by Duke Turunlindi was, or is this to be somewhere else?” I asked, still bewildered by the amazing speed of it all happening so fast. But such was the way of the gods, I reminded myself.

“Remember your very first cookery classroom? Ellesmera will be right next door to your classroom there.” Ashanrai turned and walked away, waving at me to follow Him. I hurried after, trying my best with my shorter body to keep up. “Yes I recall that classroom. You and Sarah had built it,” I said, my eyes watering with unshed tears. “How could I forget it?”

As we entered the village, I looked around. I had seen it before in its deserted shape. It was in good repair. “It's unfurnished. It is up to you to decide how the village will be decorated. The tomato farms will keep the Ellesmera village fruitful.”

“Yes if we can ever harvest from them.” I looked sadly at the two tomato plants growing stubbornly slowly in their nearby dirt plot. I would collect more mystic water another time or two this evening and see if I could water the tomato plants again. Perhaps we could plant some apple trees here to augment the tomatoes with their mystic waters? The thought made me smile and I hoped Torrix and Ollopa would help.

“Ellesmera extends as far south as the Parthenon dedicated to Erenrai and I,” explained Asahnrai. He indicated that the small square stone cottage would be included with Ellesmere. I was impressed. “That's pretty far. I hope I can prove worthy of the task Ashanrai. I have missed you and Erenrai.”

“You will do well,” Ashanrai assured me.

“How many refugees will be making this their home?” I asked, looking about at the small huts and wondering if we would need more. “Many,” was the answer. “With two patron deities, Ellesmera is expected to have a larger population.”

"Aaarrroooooo!" The eerie werewolf cry went up in the night echoing across the river from the city in Prolix. I shuddered, knowing that Cernunos must be on the hunt tonight. Tamping down the chills the cry had engendered up spine, I crossed my arms and rubbed my shoulders in an effort to calm the goose bumps. If Ashanrai heard the cry at all, he gave no sign.

Flying lightly over the wooden fence, Ashanrai walked over to the large tree and casually waved a hand to open a portal. I stood back from the bright light. “Oh my Ashanrai, you have become quite talented.” I was staggered by the amount of power flung about by Ashanrai so nonchalantly. “Maybe you could help us wallop certain evil beings who seek to cause misery and destruction to all of Korth.”

“That is what I am doing. The foresight and wisdom of Torrix has allowed us to pre-empt the Evil One with this plan,” explained Ashanrai. "If we don't bring the Elandi here from those islands where they were, the Evil One was planning to begin a new Dark Empire using the Elandi."

I dropped to my knees in gratitude, and raised my arms to the starry night sky. “Praise Torrix!”

“I am not surprised by that. I was suspecting he would so some such icky thing or other to them.” Though I may have looked like I had tasted a sour rotten fruit, I became proudly determined. “We will not allow Horny Yorny to do any evil things to them.”

Ashanrai looked over at me and shook his head. “I meant the Evil Garrick was the one planning a new Dark Empire.” I nodded my head in agreement. “That one needs to go too! He is deeply deserving of my ball bat being used with great force and speed about his head and shoulders.” I looked back at Ashanrai and shrugged. “Torrix did indicate to me that Yorn Dios was who we needed to be more concerned about.”

“Yes, that is because Yorn Dios is the one who can be killed off by normal means,” explained Ashanrai. “Keep a close eye on the Orcs. Ryuu has been suspecting that a few of the Orcs are spies for Yorn Dios.”

My eyes must have flashed angrily. I know that sometimes my frustrated temper could get the better of me. I could have sworn Ashanrai was smiling as he turned back to work with the portal. “We will be on the watch with the Orcs. I will give those Orcs hell if they try any nonsense here.”

Standing again, I watched while Ashanrai reached into the portal and began to help people step out from it. There were many ladies and plenty of children along with some strong vigorous men. I smiled happily, looking forward to the sounds of children running, laughing and playing again. These people would give new life to a deserted village and new vigor to our own country. I hoped they would be happy here. I enlisted the help of the other citizenship, rousing a few cranky ones from sleep. I passed out food I had with me and helped a few get water to pass around. They began to smile and looks of hope and gratitude came to their faces. I introduced myself and told them they would be living here in these huts when we could get them nicely furnished for them. I told them that I would be their teacher.

“My goodness, there are a lot of ladies!” I remarked. “The Elandi are a chivalrous folk,” said Ashanrai. “They let the females come through first.”

Looking over the crowd, I said, “They will need more clothing too. Mayhap we can teach them about wool and weaving pillows, rugs and blankets as well.”

Ashanrai closed the portal and brushed imaginary dust off of His hands. “That is all that wish to come to worship the Goddess of Fire & Air and the God of Fire & Earth. For now they will be content living with each other in a safe environment here. Also, the Elandi's hatred for Loors is as strong as Korthian Elves' hatred for Orcs. They need to be away from them.”

“We must teach them to leave their hatred behind,” I said simply.

I did not really hate the Orcs; I hated what they did to cause pain by acting so brutally. But I knew there were other Elven citizens who felt that way that had lost family members to their cruelty. Pushing those thoughts aside, I concentrated on passing around more food and drinkables for any who needed it.

Looking around, I saw Ashanrai walk up to the Parthenon fountain. His form melted into that of His gold statue and then He was gone. I felt as though I had lost something precious once again and sighing, I went back to work, fetching blankets, herbs and other supplies as quickly as possible for our new Elven citizens.

Last edited by Sheila M on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar and spelling, punctuation)
Back to top Go down

Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?)   Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?) EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 pm

The Cala rejoices at the new settlers within our midst. All good elves know that all our Gods are aspects of the One. We are united and the Greater Elven Nations will work together to drive Evil Forces from Korth and send howling werewolves back into the snowy mountains from which they came. The followers of Ranul and Yorn himself will be crushed. I will send a delegation of welcome and these setllers may rely on the Cala for protection and any advice if they desire new buildings and Elven Feng Sui. Tir'an ! Aspereith ! Ellesmera ! United in their desire for peace, and together we will defend our lands and send the Evil Ones and their godless minions to the Underworld. Hail Torrix !
Back to top Go down

Ashanrai's Visit (Or was it all a dream?)
Page 1 of 1