A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for Suggestions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Sorceress
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Persona Record
Char Name: None
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Looking for Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm

As many of you may have noticed, I'm giving Prolix a complete facelift. I'll soon be dleteing the old GZ of AWMyths. We obviously don't need two GZ. What I'm considering replacing the old GZ with is a peassant village. I already have some ideas for the village, but I would like to hear suggestions on what you would like to see in this village. Remember this is going to be a peassant village, so no suggestion on some grand structure. Give me idea for the working class. Maybe a idea that you would like to own and run. You can post your suggetions here.
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm

And all this time I thought Tiran was the peasant village,,, lol!
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Red Sorceress wrote:
As many of you may have noticed, I'm giving Prolix a complete facelift. I'll soon be dleteing the old GZ of AWMyths. We obviously don't need two GZ. What I'm considering replacing the old GZ with is a peassant village. I already have some ideas for the village, but I would like to hear suggestions on what you would like to see in this village. Remember this is going to be a peassant village, so no suggestion on some grand structure. Give me idea for the working class. Maybe a idea that you would like to own and run. You can post your suggetions here.

You'll have to discuss this with Garrick, we've got plans already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Ti'ran is the peasant village? Have not the elves mentioned many times that there is not one bathtub to be found in Prolix ?
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Prolixians may not use tubs, however bathing is surely the most important activity for all Humans, since it is part of the daily regimen for men and women of all classes. We have a Thermae, it was located behind the Prolix Leader's Monument, not sure where it is now. I just use the lakes,,, Wink
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Dooh! Now I remember where there is another Thermae for bathing. It is just outside the Prolix Castle's North Gate, just before the eastern gate in the Prolix wall. About 45S 4W What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 am

A peasant village, Red Sorceress? Will it have pleasant peasants? *giggles*

ok ok, suggestions... let's see.

I guess it might be rustic and sturdy, functional and simple. Can it be pretty with lots of flowers? Herbs and medicinal plants might be grown to be used, and so the idea of having some sort of garden would work. Many flowers are medicinal in real life anyway.

Is it possible to have plows or some kind of gardening tools? I would think that a peasant village would have some sort of agriculture going and be living very close to the land. That would be something us Elven folk would approve of and tolerate well for close neighbors.

Peasants do not have to be dirty though. They could bathe on a regular basis if there were plenty of water available.

Obviously some sort of huts would be the thing I expect. There are those elven huts that might suit that look as though they they were woven from tree branches. In the RL Middle Ages, fences and walls were sometimes made that way. Then they had either pitch or mud daubed in any holes to keep out the cold and the wind.

Peasants did not usually decorate with swords, shields, spears or any weapons. They left that to the nobility. So their items would be functional, common everyday tools and useful objects.

Anyway that is where I would begin. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 pm

As it is a Prolix peasant village.... bear in mind NOT to use elven huts
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Suggestions.   Looking for Suggestions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1