A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Archery Press Release

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seran

Seran

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Seran Adams
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Science

Archery Press Release Empty
PostSubject: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:47 pm

By The Associated Press

Seran Adams is well aware of the gaping hole on his résumé -- he has zero coaching experience. So the Dragons coach went out and found someone to sit beside him that did.

Adams told reporters that he has hired former Don Benerel head coach Hitomi Fujiko as his assistant coach.

Fujiko spent years with the Forgivers, since the team's founding and wracking up two of the top 3 archers in the world to play for the Forgivers.

"From all the people I've talked to who have been in this business a long time, they all told me the most important thing was to surround myself with the right people," Adams said. "Hitomi has been a very successful head coach, she's notable as a team founder and when I started doing my research and watched her team, I could tell we had the same philosophy."

Adams said Fujiko will be on board in Pandryl before the critical Ashanrai Cup period begins.

Adams, who never even served as an archery player, spent the past few weeks in the Pandryl Dragons front office.

He said he knew very little of Fujiko personally prior to beginning his search for an assistant but that several of his contacts in the KAA suggested he put Fujiko at the top of his assistant coach wish list. When he met Fujiko in his home for a candle-lit dinner, the two immediately hit it off.

"This is such an important hire for me," he said. "The fact that I've been able to get someone of her pedigree is critical."

The Pandryl Dragons hope to take home the first ever Ashanrai Cup, a best-of-9-match tournament between the Forgivers and the Dragons. Certainly, Adams' hire of Fujiko to a six-figure contract and his maintenance of the top player in archery (Sheila M) will help them to achieve that goal.
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Oh my! No pressure on me here, right? *laughs wryly*
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 am

Pandryl Dragons Team
Owner: Seran

Head Coach: Seran
Assistant Coach(s): N/A

Players:
Sheila M
Neo Rousseau
parvaneh

Don Benerel Forgivers Team
Owner: Stayjit

Head Coach: Hitomi Fujiko
Assistant Coach(s): N/A

Players:
vvSilverShadowvv
Stayjit

Last edited by Seran on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:37 pm

By the Associated Press

Prolixian tycoon Seran Adams has officially purchased the Don Benerel Forgivers. Speculation about Adams has been building over the past week, despite Forgivers officials denying the team was up for sale. But Adams and incumbent owner Arya Fujiko announced the deal today.

Adams is said to be the wealthiest man in Prolix. He made his fortune like all good human ingenues: natural resources. Lumber was his mineral of choice, and Forbes has reported Adams is worth $7.5 million. Despite the riches however, former owner Arya Fujiko only sold the Forgivers for 1 Silver Piece.

When reached for comment on the purchase, Adams said, "I was kind of shocked at how little Arya wanted for the team. I had planned that I would have to invest at least half a million SP." On commenting on his plans for the Forgivers, Adams said, "Well my first order of business is going to hire a suitable Head Coach. Then I'm going to resell the team to an owner who can devote the necessary amount of time and resources because honestly, I am still 100% committed to bringing the Ashanrai Cup to Pandryl."

--------------------------------------

Hitomi Fujiko is on her way to becoming the Don Benerel Forgivers coach, again, confirming to the Associated Press that she has agreed to the job and will likely be formally announced today.

A source close to Fujiko confirmed to the press today that the former Pandryl assistant coach and the Forgivers entered contract negotiations with her lawyers. After apparently agreeing to a deal, Fujiko will return to the bench for the first time since resigning from the Forgivers' head post a few weeks ago.

A reporter reportedly reported that Fujiko would be given a three-year deal, and sources close to Fujiko told the press that her target salary entering negotiations with new Forgivers millionaire owner Seran Adams -- was $900,000 sp per year, at least 150,000 sp more than she was making as a Pandryl assistant coach. When asked to comment on leaving Pandryl, Fujiko responded, "It is with a heavy heart that I must leave the fair Pandryl city and the Dragon Dome. I thank Seran for the opportunity he gave me to help the Dragons, but I must return home to Don Benerel."
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 pm

So Seran owns both archery teams? Can you say hedging your bets?!
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Seran wrote:

Adams is said to be the wealthiest man in Prolix. He made his fortune like all good human ingenues: natural resources. Lumber was his mineral of choice, and Forbes has reported Adams is worth $7.5 million.

Does Forbes have an idea of my worth??
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Don Benerel Forgivers owner Seran Adams reached an agreement Friday to sell the franchise for a record $5,000 SP to Forgivers player Stayjit Vacca.

"I am incredibly excited to have the opportunity to be the next steward of this storied KAA franchise. This is my dream come true," said Vacca, who is also the Cala of the Elven Country. "I intend to do what I do best -- innovating and building. It is my passion to return the Forgivers to greatness and build nothing short of a championship organization that will make all of us in the Forest Area proud."

"If you know Seran Adams as a businessman, if you see he sold a company for $5,000 SP it probably was worth $5 SP. He doesn't pay what people want."

But despite the long run of on-court struggles, Don Benerel has a passionate fan base that has helped pack Forgivers Recreation Center in recent years and made the team a desirable target for a new owner.

Vacca thanked the Forgivers fans, calling them the "best fans in all of sports."

One of the first major decisions the new owner will have to make is whether to keep the Forgivers management team in place. Head Coach Hitomi Fujiko has 3 years and $2.7 million SP remaining on her contract (her salary is 900,000 SP per year). If Stayjit chooses to let Fujiko go and hire a new Head Coach, he must first pay Fujiko the 2.7 million SP that is owed to her on her contract, unless he fires her with cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Press Release   Archery Press Release Empty

Back to top Go down

Archery Press Release
Page 1 of 1