A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lost Truth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiosai Ike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-05

The Lost Truth Empty
PostSubject: The Lost Truth   The Lost Truth EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 5:16 am

I was in the Morlokks, exploring, when it happened. A force washed over the land, changing nothing, but filling me with horror and dread. A new immortal walked the land, the first to earn it through Spice, unlike me. I feared it was one who should not gain it; I was right.

Garrick Raiden Rex stood near to the Holy City, revealing his newfound immortality to us all and declaring himself both deity and ruler over Korth. But not long after he had bragged of his supposed credentials did that same force wash over the land again, heralding a second immortal; this second immortal drove the Torcas River to swallow Garrick Raiden Rex, replacing him with himself.

Garrick Caranthir Felagund was the second immortal.

This, it seems, was at least part of his intent with the convergence - to summon many different Garricks from across the worlds, bringing them here and tempting them with the Spice. Then, when one learnt of the missing link that would grant him immortality, he simply replaced them, becoming the immortal himself.

I don't know how to properly express my reaction to this, or to what he said after. I just don't know. He claimed this was his entire focus, and removed to his cottage just west of the Holy City. I demanded he tell me why he sought to drive me mad; he barely even acknowledged my presence. I thought he was no longer afraid, now that I supposedly couldn't kill him. He claimed there had never been any other Garricks, just him in different guises. Surely, this must have been false to some degree; why else the display with Garrick Raiden? He alone must have been truly from Draeda, or else there was no reason for Garrick Caranthir to delay in gaining immortality.

Understand this: If you heed Garrick Caranthir's words, you will be bent to his will. It doesn't matter if you treat them as positive or negative, truth or lies; if you react, you benefit him. He knows if you trust him, he knows how you will respond, and he speaks accordingly. His word is meaningless; if you treat it as anything more than his own heresay, you will find your downfall. Just as I find my own now.

Because, the fact is, I've been acting upon untrustworthy information this whole time, thinking that it was a reliable foundation. Who said I was destined to kill Garrick Caranthir? Garrick did. Where did the Tir'anian end-of-days prophecy come from? Garrick. The entire time we fought against the convergence, we relied entirely upon information from the perpetrator: Garrick Caranthir Felagund. We were destined to doom from the start.

But I? I am further lost. So very, very lost. I looked back through my records, seeing how far Garrick's lies had gone. Every... everything I thought I knew about myself, everything I believed, everything that I am, stems from his lies. Every prophecy about his downfall was spoken by him. Everything I have yet found about Solarans, and Solara, has thus far come exclusively from him. Even the purpose of my mask - even that, has come from Garrick.

I'm not even sure I have my memories of Meta Ike, anymore. In all that I have done, I sought to destroy Garrick, yet only seemed to support him. Sheer misfortune, perhaps, or the result of a negligent and unwise mind, but another hypothesis comes to mind. I have yet to find any physical or recorded information about myself, save my own journals; no heraldic records, no tangental mentions in history books, no buildings, nothing. Prior to my arrival in Korth, for all intents and purposes, I did not exist - and quite conveniently, a cursory glance through the archives shows that my arrival was but a month after the convergence of Azharan, caused by Garrick.

I think, in truth, the reason I cannot find out about my past is because I never had any. I think, possibly, I am just some shell of a being conjured up by Garrick and let loose in the world, looking for something I will never find and furthering his desires and plans in the process. My only purpose in this world may be to help the one I despise.

But I cannot rely solely on speculation. No doubt Garrick will read of this and encourage this notion, either through affirmation or refutation - he has broken into my house no less than twice now, stealing from me and leaving waste and tak about, despite me honouring the sanctity of his own. I will have to find my own answers by my own methods, and such shall be my main focus from now.

I must have answers. I need to know who I am.
- Shiosai Ike, the Recorder.
Back to top Go down

The Lost Truth
Page 1 of 1