A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What can we do for you?

Go down 
+2
Father.
The Masked One
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

What can we do for you? Empty
PostSubject: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Alrite.. we got the 4th anniversary of the world coming up

Let's get some suggestions together for what should be brought into the world. What do you want to see? .. More quests? Better website? Any more bot features? .. More festivals? More ways to make money? More alchemy potions? More spells? Let's see what we can come up with to bring AWMyths to the top and to the show off in this year's AWExpo!
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi
Char Race: Elf
Char Allies: Tir'an

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:52 am

More quests would be nice... would be awesome to have a Coming of faith Quest for tir'anians take to get their special weapons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com
The Masked One

The Masked One

Number of posts : 56
Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Persona Record
Char Name: The Masked One
Char Race: Other Mythical Being
Char Allies:

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 am

Perhaps portable light, E.g torches? More weapons like 2-Hander swords? New 'dungeons' to explore? Perhaps (If at some point Steam trains are invented, or something like) 'Spirit Tracks' that one could use to get to one point in Korth (of coarse we would have to add some danger, e.g derailing, broken tracks, etc.) or even quests where you have to find a spirit somewhere in Korth, bottle it up, then take it back to its still living but inactive body. (Soul/Spirits of peeps r stolen, you get a quest to go round them up and put them back)

That would be something i would like to see in korth, but one of the above would be fine. (prefferably the portable light one)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 am

We have two sources of portable light, with beeswax you can /brew a candle. You can also obtain triptyte. More quests would be nice. The train tracks that are going up here and there are a good idea but every city that has ever retrofitted a tracked transportation system ends up going (if they can) underground or overhead as a dedicated and limited track system takes up a large amount of space. I would suggest the train tracks (with the HG Wells Time Machine model) go underground and used to link points like a subway system. Halfway between the 'carriage' teleports of AWRPG and the overhead 'vacuum tubes' of Aureus. Its just a way for players to scoot from say, Prolix to Edan, Tir'an to the gold mines, etc. Is there an AWExpo coming up? The last one was fun, I built the booth for the old Lost Worlds OP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am

The use of electricity, I don't need to explain more, because you already know my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:58 pm

The Masked One wrote:
Perhaps portable light, E.g torches? More weapons like 2-Hander swords? New 'dungeons' to explore? Perhaps (If at some point Steam trains are invented, or something like) 'Spirit Tracks' that one could use to get to one point in Korth (of coarse we would have to add some danger, e.g derailing, broken tracks, etc.) or even quests where you have to find a spirit somewhere in Korth, bottle it up, then take it back to its still living but inactive body. (Soul/Spirits of peeps r stolen, you get a quest to go round them up and put them back)

That would be something i would like to see in korth, but one of the above would be fine. (prefferably the portable light one)

the steam engine already exists in Prolix on trains and ships..........
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Persona Record
Char Name: ArchSpirit Father
Char Allies: Science

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:40 pm

The advancement of the combat system would be quiet nice. A more interactive hud would also be nice, but the hud would have to work for people who have their browser arranged differently. Maybe a minigame for each skill (mining, and fishing etc) this could be accomplished by making an interactive webpage that is linked to the bot... I have a lot for that idea. Not to mention the idea of shooting with a bow can be a bit more complex now that we have the laser property. I got a billion ideas, and I'm sure you'd love to hear them all.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Father. wrote:
The advancement of the combat system would be quiet nice. A more interactive hud would also be nice, but the hud would have to work for people who have their browser arranged differently. Maybe a minigame for each skill (mining, and fishing etc) this could be accomplished by making an interactive webpage that is linked to the bot... I have a lot for that idea. Not to mention the idea of shooting with a bow can be a bit more complex now that we have the laser property. I got a billion ideas, and I'm sure you'd love to hear them all.

*gives father the award for Most General and Most Vague Post of the Century*
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Father. wrote:
...we have the laser property....
The laser only works for ppl with Public Speaker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm

There seems to be lots of electricity. There's streetlights and lamps and such but Korth doesn't have a source, a generator. I choose to think the lamps are full of triptyte. More on transportation: An underground track is great, and the elves already have 'floaty-gas". It wouldnt be hard to make a person go from point A to B in a hot air balloon. That would be a big technoligical step
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Stayjit wrote:
There seems to be lots of electricity. There's streetlights and lamps and such but Korth doesn't have a source, a generator.
Quick Question... How did you think street lamps worked back before electricity stayjit? they had Kerosene or just plain Candles in them... those lamps even give of a "create light color=orange fx=fire" vibe
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 pm

A deeper explaination on what I was thinking:
Since the bot handles chat, everyone in the world could have bold which would allow for the laser function of programing to be allowed. This function could add for a more realistic archery system in where you could aim and the bot could notice if there was an object in the way. (A similiar idea was suggested by Byte with paintball)

For most skills like fishing, brewing, mining, etc you could have a flash game or java game on a website that pops up or is used a hud to be played. The better you do the more experience you gain the area and these games are directly connected to the bot...

I'll post again soon I'm a bit tired.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Father. wrote:
A deeper explaination on what I was thinking:
Since the bot handles chat, everyone in the world could have bold which would allow for the laser function of programing to be allowed. This function could add for a more realistic archery system in where you could aim and the bot could notice if there was an object in the way. (A similiar idea was suggested by Byte with paintball)

Not to knock the idea or anything... but I have a severe hatred of giving out Public Speaker rights to anyone. I don't even give it to myself or staff b/c the bold chat is incredibly distracting and just has a weird feel to it... the only time it's even used is for a 5-second span of time for a person to switch into a private avatar (and then PS is removed once the person gets into their av)

Father. wrote:
For most skills like fishing, brewing, mining, etc you could have a flash game or java game on a website that pops up or is used a hud to be played. The better you do the more experience you gain the area and these games are directly connected to the bot...

I'll post again soon I'm a bit tired.

So basically.... the idea is to gain experience in say fishing without actually fishing in the world.....
Back to top Go down
Father.

Father.

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am

You have to be in the world near water, and be playing the game at the same time to gain fishing expierence.

No one would actually have bold chat because you could set it up so the bot handles the chat and makes it appear as normal chat.
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am

Thats asinine O_O
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Localisation : School of History, Just beside the Bridge to Prolix Via GZ island.

Persona Record
Char Allies:

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:56 am

Garrick wrote:
The Masked One wrote:

the steam engine already exists in Prolix on trains and ships..........
well then, that simply makes the 'Spirit Tracks/Trails' idea easier. Perhaps somehow this could be incorperated into the storyline? Another idea would perhaps be where people could buy 'Spirit Trains' for 300,000 SP, and get a customized one for say 700,000 SP or more? But yeah, I still vote for spirt trails and tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

If Spirit Trails, or Tracks, are part of a public transportation system, they needn't cost SP to use. An Elf might have a hard time getting that much coin. A tourist would have no chance. As for what "powers' such a thing, it doesn't necessarily have to be relevant to storyline. Science fictions writers have used this one a few times - Once the trails/tracks are discovered, their existence and construction is simply attributed to "The Old Ones","The Time Lords", "The Hyperboreans", etc etc. It's possible the Dwarves built an underground tracked system, they used to live in the gold mines but are now extinct. Any Spirit Trails (teleports), would have to be explained some other way. Like I said, it's just a way to speed up people moving long distances. It could also open up spaces that already exist but dont get traffic, like that huge expanse past the gold mines.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Father. wrote:
You have to be in the world near water, and be playing the game at the same time to gain fishing expierence.

No one would actually have bold chat because you could set it up so the bot handles the chat and makes it appear as normal chat.

Everyone would have bold chat... bc that's how the ChatBot is set up. Unlike the [GM], the [ChatBot] is not "edit-able" b/c the coding was lost
Back to top Go down
The Masked One

The Masked One

Persona Record
Char Allies:

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Stayjit wrote:
If Spirit Trails, or Tracks, are part of a public transportation system, they needn't cost SP to use. An Elf might have a hard time getting that much coin. A tourist would have no chance. As for what "powers' such a thing, it doesn't necessarily have to be relevant to storyline. Science fictions writers have used this one a few times - Once the trails/tracks are discovered, their existence and construction is simply attributed to "The Old Ones","The Time Lords", "The Hyperboreans", etc etc. It's possible the Dwarves built an underground tracked system, they used to live in the gold mines but are now extinct. Any Spirit Trails (teleports), would have to be explained some other way. Like I said, it's just a way to speed up people moving long distances. It could also open up spaces that already exist but dont get traffic, like that huge expanse past the gold mines.
No, thats not what i meant.
Spirit Tracks are rails for trains formed by spirits and souls of the dead coming together to assisst the living. Only some may see them, thus the cost. They go anywhere in korth, high and low, whilst your idea would be limited to the underground labyrinth beneath Ti'Ran.
Spirit trails are different to the tracks, its basically just a small ball of glowing fire leaving a small trail behind, which you follow.
Our ideas could be incorperated, with yours being public and mine being private/exclusive. The trains are ordinary steam trains, with a strange material around the wheels
Back to top Go down
RyanLion

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Persona Record
Char Name:
Char Race:
Char Allies:

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 pm

more storyline or more happening in the world even if its just random enemy npc encounters such as staff playing a character to cause some mayhem
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:00 am

How about some "enemy bots" ? We had them at one time till Ashanrai bitched because the bots flooded his chat.
It would be cool if we could actually fight a creature and it fights back, instead of just clicking a creature that dont move!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 am

Ive seen them before buy not in Myths. It's a good idea though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can we do for you?   What can we do for you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What can we do for you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: World Suggestions-
Jump to: