A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deposit Bug

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi
Char Race: Elf
Char Allies: Tir'an

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Douglas: Welcome to the Bank of Prolix! Your account balance is 7013 SP. What would you like to do?
 Dr. Duke: /withdraw 2 sp
 Douglas: You have withdrawn 2 SP from your Prolix bank account. We have charged a 0.08 SP withdrawal fee for this transaction. Your new account balance is 7011 SP.
 Dr. Duke: /deposit 55432 SP
 Dr. Duke: /deposit 55000 SP
 Dr. Duke: /deposit 2 sp

the Deposit isn't working O_O
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:59 am

looks like you locked the prolix bank from tirranians...as i couldnt get all my sp out of my prolix acct i dropped my bank card at tir'an's old marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:41 pm

dr. duke wrote:
looks like you locked the prolix bank from tirranians...as i couldnt get all my sp out of my prolix acct i dropped my bank card at tir'an's old marketplace.

actually no.... prolix bank isnt locked from tiranians.. so i hope someone didnt steal ur prolix bank card bc this is just a bug
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I can always buy a new one, cant buy stuff while i have a hold of it, thank you for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyx Shadowcat

Nyx Shadowcat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Will it be fixed soon? I can't /deposit either...hate carrying money around...
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:50 pm

This is a bug i'm debating whether or not to fix... because if i fix, it kinda destroys the elves' Gifting Economic system, which is:

Quote :
In the social sciences, a gift economy (or gift culture) is a society where valuable goods and services are regularly given without any explicit agreement for immediate or future rewards (i.e. no formal quid pro quo exists).[1] Ideally, simultaneous or recurring giving serves to circulate and redistribute valuables within the community. The organization of a gift economy stands in contrast to a barter economy or a market economy. Informal custom governs exchanges, rather than an explicit exchange of goods or services for money or some other commodity.[2]

Various social theories concerning gift economies exist. Some consider the gifts to be a form of reciprocal altruism. Another interpretation is that social status is awarded in return for the gifts.[3] Consider for example, the sharing of food in some hunter-gatherer societies, where food-sharing is a safeguard against the failure of any individual's daily foraging. This custom may reflect concern for the well-being of others, it may be a form of informal insurance, or may bring with it social status or other benefits. Because of the (future) benefit that is received from these actions, gift economies are still based upon trade, but without explicit returns from exchanges.

doesnt seem very moral of elves to give up their values by dealing with money in order to do business
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I agree garrick, however even elves still need to buy goods from humans and in order to buy goods we have to secure the money for those goods. i rarely use the bank though, i wait until i have enough to buy what i need until i sell my goods.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm

dr. duke wrote:
I agree garrick, however even elves still need to buy goods from humans and in order to buy goods we have to secure the money for those goods. i rarely use the bank though, i wait until i have enough to buy what i need until i sell my goods.

thats what i mean... what you're saying is that in order to survive, elves have to sometimes throw out their elves and sink themselves down to the humans' level... dont you think thats immoral for elves to throw out their values in order to survive? get creative and find the ways to survive while living within the values of elven society
Back to top Go down

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Tir'an recognizes that some things, like Crystals, can only be gained by handling money. Therefore from time to time we must acquire siver pieces to obtain items we cannot make. The money can be gained easily by selling your harvests and ores. I have made another common vault for Elves that want space to store crates. Sell your stocks wisely to get what you need, but try not to carry money otherwise. There is no need to trade goods with others for money, they have goods too.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:27 am

Stayjit wrote:
Tir'an recognizes that some things, like Crystals, can only be gained by handling money.

this is all i needed to read of your post...

and basically it is saying to me that "Tir'an is very loose with its morals.. in abandoning its values depending on the situation"
Back to top Go down

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:34 pm

There will be a short time while the Elves get used to not having a bank, but we will cope. Others may make gifts of Crystals to elves. We may trade with Prolix and Dolf Hloab by giving Trade Baskets again. We may even pile crates on the bridge and invite others to make offers. The evil coins need not be involved. While the Elves may give each other gifts with no strings attached, It might be expected that a foreigner that wants salt or sugar will offer something in return for the Elves hard labor. If others offer one gift in exchange for another, and if the gift-giving is agreeable,the Cala can see little moral conflict. Indeed, as we stock our vaults with seeds and ores , we can only grow stronger and more able to withstand famines or invasions. And as we do away with all need for the dirty coins, we will grow pure in the eyes of the gods that bless us with our fertile lands. Hail Torrix !
Back to top Go down
Red Sorceress
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Persona Record
Char Name: None
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Garrick wrote:
themselves down to the humans' level

I resent that Mad

Anyway, because of the closing the elfin market, I'm now forced to open a new market in Prolix. I have nothing against trading with the elves, I've traded many times with them, but I fell we still need a working market. Business is the way of the Prolix and not trade. Also, elves aren't always available to do trade, and there are those who new the AWMyths. They aren't familiar with trading and depend on buying.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

alrite so lemme know what you think of this bug fix:

I plan on implementing into the banker bots a system whereby:

If it recognizes the person as an Elf.. the banker (whether it be prolix or tir'an banker) .. will transfer the Elf's SP into an equivalent amount of Salt Powder (or if this isnt good enough.. lemme know which type of resource would be preferred)

If business is done with a prolix banker by an Elf.. it will take Salt from the prolix national vault (pending that there is enough) and place SP back into prolix account to make up for the difference

If business is done with a tir'an banker by an Elf.. it will do the same except take from the tir'an national vault and put money to the /sell merchants (this means that /sell merchants will have a finite source of cash to give out for the /sell command.. which will keep the money supply at a stable amount)

To allow for more money to enter the system.. the prolix bank will be allowed to incur a national debt by letting its national bank balance drop below 0 if the extra money is needed
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:28 pm

i like that idea.
Back to top Go down
Nyx Shadowcat

Nyx Shadowcat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:17 pm

How would this effect an elf's SP already deposited in a Prolix bank?
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:19 pm

the elf's SP already in a Prolix bank will still be converted by the prolix banker
Back to top Go down

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:13 pm

I think most Elves lost some silver when the banker was killed, but we care little for the dirty coins ( don't we ? ). It's been challenging to cope without SP, but so far we seem fine enough. Converting SP into salt powder seems as good an idea as any, but in a short time I think Elves will be waist deep in so much salt powder it may lose its value as we can collect it far faster than the others can consume it, and if they stockpile it, there would be periods when we cant get rid of it at all. If merchants took our salt powder as well, it would balance, but so far the loss of the banker has not proved a hardship. Elves are clever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deposit Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deposit Bug   Deposit Bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Deposit Bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: World/ Bot Bugs-
Jump to: