A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for the U of K

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

Ideas for the U of K Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 1:59 am

Here are a bunch of ideas that I have had rolling around in my head about the U of K.

1. Neo Rousseau wants to teach an archery and etiquette class and possibly a history course as well. I had already asked Seran to teach a history course. Perhaps they could agree to teach different sections or areas of history. Feild trips to other historical sites other than just the old castle of Dolf-Hloab is something I would also like to see happen.

2. I would like to have an instructor of Astronomy teach a class about the constellations here in AWMyths and the legends and stories surrounding them. Naming the stars that make up the constellations, and pointing out the planets would be an added nifty bit of info.

3. Would anyone like to teach a course on the use of the magic system here in AWMyths? That might be helpful and worthwhile.

4. A course or two on the study of Mighty Torrix and the Goddess Ollopa would be really neat. Anybody up for that?

5. Seran has volunteered to teach courses on military education. See him to find out more.

6. Naturally we are going to have a basic Alchemy and Cookery 101 being taught by me. I hope to add a crafting class as well very soon, since our illustrious GM is adding those things that can be created to the gamebot. That may end up being Alchemy Crafting 205.

7. I'd like to see an Elven language course. I don't know enough Elven myself being a relatively untutored newcomer to Elven Country and I would enjoy being a student.

8. I want to try my best to have our refugees included in our courses as students. I am not sure how we will do that yet, but I am sure we will have sorted it out eventually.

9. I am trying to formulate up a degree of some kind based on the amount of courses taken over time.

10. I am not sure of what the tuition fees should be yet. Those who do not have as much experience often have such low stats that it can be more difficult for them to come up with enough sp to pay a bunch of money to anyone for tools much less for classes. Perhaps it might be simpler to pay for each class, esp the 100 level classes, at a reasonably low fee so that beginners can learn and then the more advanced classes could be a higher amount.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? I am looking for input from everyone. This is to be your college, not just mine.

Let it be known that I do not do well taking orders; I consider requests and take suggestions. Please keep that in mind if you desire my cooperation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Field trips with history lessons would be great. There's a lot to see in Korth and most everything has a history of some sort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Here is an idea for all new players, a starter course to help them figure out the very simple basics of what they can do, iincase they miss the GZ signs.
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 am

Hmmm, basics of eating, drinking and using the /who command? I bet it should include how to check your stats and inventory and how to drink water. Use of the /ooc and how to mine, fish, use combat mode and hunt should all be covered.

Great suggestion. I will work up course notes for that right away.

Thank you Silver! You da man!
Back to top Go down
Red Sorceress
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Persona Record
Char Name: None
Char Race: Human
Char Allies: I am Independent

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 pm

vvSilverShadowvv wrote:
Here is an idea for all new players, a starter course to help them figure out the very simple basics of what they can do, iincase they miss the GZ signs.

I'm already working on this one. It's kind of a learning quest for new comers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Nice idea Red Sorceress to make it into a quest !!
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Persona Record

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Lovely idea and of course I appreciate that very much Red Sorceress. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the U of K   Ideas for the U of K Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the U of K
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: The Elven Country :: University of Korth-
Jump to: