A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dragon's Exodus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

The Dragon's Exodus Empty
PostSubject: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

While fishing the other night in Tiran, I began detecting a strong surge of agitation from Nidhogg III. Despite the distance, I could hear him roaring and thundering. He sounded highly disturbed. I was worried that the evil nutjob Garrick was attacking him. In panic, I raced to his side in Edan, but he barely seemed to notice me nearby.

There were trumpets and roars sounding muffled as if it came from underground, and it shook the ground. Nidhogg rumbled and roared, restless and agitated and refused to calm himself in spite of my presence. He even snagged a claw in my upper arm, cutting me in his frantic state, seeming unaware of his actions. I bound up my arm to control the bleeding and cover it from the biting cold.

Then Stayjit, Neo Rousseau, LostTear NL arrived. After LostTear gave me some salve for the pain of the injury I had sustained, we all attempted repeatedly to enter the blocked up tunnel but failed. Thinking there could be a way in to the tunnels through the larger castle, we kept trying to enter that structure but failed.

Confused, we searched the town and looked for clues. It was eerily deserted. I slipped and stumbled on the surface of the icy lake, distracted by Nidhogg’s roaring and my worry for him. Neo and Stayjit found another tunnel entrance but it was blocked off too.

Then we heard trumpeting and roaring from Tiamat echoing across the waves. She announced in a rolling booming voice that the Eastern Dragon settlement had been reestablished and that we were to come and witness the result of the immigration.

Nidhogg III answered Tiamat’s announcement with loud trumpeting and squealing. I had never seen him so agitated. Stayjit prayed aloud that a dragon hatchling would end up in his hot tub. Despite my worry, I could not help but chuckle at Stayjit’s wry wit, though I admonished him that a dragon was not a pet. He and Neo left. I stayed with LostTear and Nidhogg a while but was unable to calm him. Torn between my concern for Nidhogg’s safety and my friendship for Tiamat, I finally left, praying to Torrix that I would find the answers soon with Tiamat. I hated leaving LostTear behind but I was thankful that Nidhogg was with someone I could trust.

Eventually after a long journey, I made it there. There were dragons of all colors and sizes everywhere, red, brown, bronze, green, blue and even gold. I had never beheld so many dragons in such concentration. They were flying, patrolling and settling in everywhere. There were so many, possibly thousands. Remembering the notations on an old map, I spoke in awe. “Here there be dragons!”

Tiamat announced that all the dragons were to be united in peace, including the children of Ryuu. Once they recovered from their journey, they would begin the normal life cycles of mating, growing, hunting and egg laying to rebuild their population. Instead of being fueled by wars, greed, and lust for power, Tiamat insisted that this new Dragon Empire would be empowered by higher morals and faith. Tiran would always have the alliance and undying gratitude of the Eastern Dragons.

She also added that the Dragon Wars would finally be at an end with a great weapon they had uncovered from underneath the rubble of the old Eastern Dragon Empire. Startled by such a dire pronouncement, I told Tiamat aloud not to let the war loving humans in Prolix to gain possession of this weapon.

I searched for Tiamat in the huge throng, but could not find her until Neo was able to point her out to me. Her great blue body was firmly ensconced on the main nest in the center of the throng. I cried out happily, “Oh Tiamat!” She lifted up her wing and cuddled me close with great affection. I began to weep in my gratitude and joy. I hugged her immense body as close as I could, happy to be reunited with such a dear beloved personality such as hers once again. I had missed her so much, her gentle presence next to my house such a comfort in the night and a heartwarming sight each morning.

When I could speak again, Tiamat and I were able to talk about Nidhogg III. She said that she planned to move him to their new settlement in a few days and was going to see to it that he would be well cared for and no longer alone. I was concerned that it might be too warm as he thrived in the chill of the snowy mountains. She chided me gently saying that she had the perfect place planned for him and it would be just the right climate mix to allow him to flourish.

I saw Dr. Duke nearby, amazingly, in dragon form. I grinned, knowing that Torrix must have granted him the chance to be here to witness Tiamat’s triumphant success.

I asked Tiamat about the bond between young Nidhogg and I and that I was not sure what to do with it. I wondered aloud if I should build a house nearby. She acknowledged that and told me that I must live my life first and that Nidhogg would be safe, and that though I was welcome to make the trip if I wished, I did not need to make regular visits. I nodded, satisfied on that point.

I warned her to be watchful of the evil Garrick, concerned that he would strive to destroy all the good that had been accomplished. Tiamat had been cruelly used by him so much that she did not deserve to have this happiness taken from her and nor did these other dragons. I adjured her to teach her adopted children to be wary of him and to guard against him. She replied that they were safe with the weapon here and that they had much to prepare for those-who-wish-harm.

Comforted, I told her of the birth of Seran, son of Sara Adams and her own child Ashanrai. She was a new grandmother and that surely she would wish to see this unique grandchild, the newest heir to her lineage. I asked her if she would soon come to visit us in Elven Country to see her new grandson. She said that her grandson and parents were nearby and that she would see all of them soon, but that she could not leave her people in this crucial phase of their development. Seran would be there with the monks and the dragons, until he was ready to be immersed in the violent culture of Korth. She had noted that Fro Daddy was back and that Prolix was all the more violent with his return.

Neo left then about that time, telling me he had things to accomplish back home. I had not realized until this point that Stayjit had left too.

I nodded, telling her that I was not looking forward to dealing with Fro and how I hated all that foolish meaningless killing. I gave her one last hug about her neck and snout, and she lovingly with great gentleness, pressed her large face against my body, her breath warming my sudden cold weariness. My heart swelled with joy, and again tears of gladness rolled down my face. I pressed my hands with immense tenderness against her face and stroked her jowls.

I left Tiamat and the other dragons then with joy, elated that dear Tiamat finally had the contentment that she deserved. My heart, having been so heavy with anxiety over Nidhogg’s future, felt light as a feather. My body was exhausted but somehow energized as I began the long journey home, longing for my soft bed. I looked forward to the day the violent wars and futile killing would come to an end.
Back to top Go down
AldebaranAnrik

AldebaranAnrik

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Sheila, you have been talking very negative about Prolix and her citizens lately. I do not appreciate that. Please stop it.

As for Fro Daddy, he is not a citizen of Prolix, get your facts straight.

Last edited by AldebaranAnrik on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Fro Daddy

Fro Daddy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Fro dont belong to no city nor to i wish to
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I was under the impression that the city was unamed and that the country of the humans was Prolix. I was referring to those humans that love to fight as war loving, not that all of the humans were like that. I am sorry you feel slighted; this was never my intent. I was attempting to be specific so as to make it clear that you and LostTear and Magic and a few others were not war loving were not included in that statement.

Tiamat said herself that Fro Daddy was back in Prolix, not I. I was attempting to keep to the words she spoke as closely as possible. If you object to her words, why don't you seek her out and talk to her yourself? I would accompany you to see her if you like.

Last edited by Sheila M on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Fujiko

Hitomi Fujiko

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Persona Record
Char Name: Hitomi Fujiko

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Awwww man all the intersting stuff happens to you ha ha this sounds intersting I would also like to see an end to these brutal wars not that I have seen the most of it. ha ha
Back to top Go down
http://hitomifujikoellomi.webs.com
Sara Adams

Sara Adams

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Persona Record
Char Name: Sara Adams
Char Allies: Sun Goddess Ollopa

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 4:11 am

Well done Sheila!
Its a big relief that what you and others have seen is one of the most positive things announced, maybe soon Seran could come the Korth and be amongst us if most things stop .. for example .... Dragon killing and Fro Daddy *Grins* well he knows what will happen if he doesnt.
Once again Sheila Thank you for announcing this to us all its lifted so much angst from me.

Bless you Sheila M!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomelon
Fro Daddy

Fro Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:01 am

no what will happen tell me im tire of this
Back to top Go down
Sara Adams

Sara Adams

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Persona Record
Char Name: Sara Adams
Char Allies: Sun Goddess Ollopa

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 am

Well Fro Daddy, as i am away at this moment all i can say is that if i come back and seran is to accompany me and i see you as threat i will have to defend my child will i not? besides, if you decide you are tired of causing unreasonable killings theres no trouble is there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomelon
Fro Daddy

Fro Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 am

we have i ever caused you harm madam ? tell me of the first time i did please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Exodus   The Dragon's Exodus Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dragon's Exodus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: History of the Land :: Ch 5: The Dragon Wars-
Jump to: